The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

sandy81
Same here:frown:

Me three :-o
Reply 101
Pinsent Masons is now open for VS apps, if anyone is interested in applying.

Btw, have people checked out the new Hogan Lovells graduate rec website? Love it!
Reply 102
eve_22

Btw, have people checked out the new Hogan Lovells graduate rec website? Love it!

Thanks for the heads up, I must say it is awesome

:hat2:
Reply 103
eve_22

Eve-You are an :wings: thank you
Hey Sandy and Eve, have you heard anything from lawyer2b? Husnara's recent post on lawyer2b at the bottom says and i quote

"PS – if you think you’ve left it too late to break into the legal profession think again. Lawyer 2B is hosting a brand new careers event on 1 December in conjunction with the College of Law for mature applicants. Click here for more information on how to register. But you better be quick because places are filling up fast."

:frown: I've heard nada...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 105
Lawstude
Hey Sandy and Eve, have you heard anything from lawyer2b? Husnara's recent post on lawyer2b at the bottom says and i quote

"PS if you think you’ve left it too late to break into the legal profession think again. Lawyer 2B is hosting a brand new careers event on 1 December in conjunction with the College of Law for mature applicants. Click here for more information on how to register. But you better be quick because places are filling up fast."

I haven't heard anyhing as yet.
eve_22
I haven't heard anyhing as yet.

Maybe its just a "clever-marketing" tactic to get more people to apply lol.
Reply 107
Lawstude

"PS if you think you’ve left it too late to break into the legal profession think again. Lawyer 2B is hosting a brand new careers event on 1 December in conjunction with the College of Law for mature applicants. Click here for more information on how to register. But you better be quick because places are filling up fast."

I saw that today but unfortunately I have not heard anything :mad:
Reply 108
A lot of applications are now open and I just wanted to wish all those who will be applying the very best of luck! :smile:
Reply 109
sandy81
I saw that today but unfortunately I have not heard anything :mad:

Me n two of my friends are also still awaiting replies... so hopefully they havent started accepting/rejecting apps yet
Reply 110
Hi All! I just started applying for xmas vac schemes, my list is (so far):
A&O
Bristows
Cleary Got
Denton Wilde
Herbert Smith
Norton Rose
Simmons
Slaughter+May
Travers Smith

Does anyone know of any other firms offering xmas vac schemes to law graduates? I graduated with a 2.1 this year (cardiff uni)- aaaa Alevels, this is my 3rd attempt at tc/vac scheme apps...losing the will!! lol.
Thanks x x
Reply 111
Submitted an app to CMS Cameron McKenna :smile: Working on Herbert Smith and Hogan Lovells at the moment.
Reply 112
eve_22
Submitted an app to CMS Cameron McKenna :smile: Working on Herbert Smith and Hogan Lovells at the moment.

OMG Eve talk about speed, good on you :yes:
Reply 113
sandy81
OMG Eve talk about speed, good on you :yes:

I had it prepared in advance :smile:
eve_22
I had it prepared in advance :smile:

Lol, I'm staying up all night to catch up with you. Can't be left behind :woo:
Hello everyone, good luck to those that have begun filling in applications! I am about to start doing the same, but I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what dates to select, given that so many of the firms have two sessions at roughly the same time- late june/july and late july/august. It's so difficult to know which firms to put at which time when I have no idea if I will get any offers, and who those would be from. What do other people think about this?
Reply 116
Applications submitted to Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith, CMS Cameron McKenna, Travers Smith. Waiting on Dewey & LeBoeuf to open and working on an application to Skadden. Will probably apply to Jones Day as well come November. Other than that, will apply to Ashurst in December and Freshfields in November. How's everyone getting on?
(edited 13 years ago)
eve_22
Applications submitted to Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith, CMS Cameron McKenna, Travers Smith. Waiting on Dewey & LeBoeuf to open and working on an application to Skadden. Will probably apply to Jones Day as well come November. Other than that, will apply to Ashurst in December and Freshfields in November. How's everyone getting on?

Wow, you're putting us all to shame. Well done on getting applications off so quick.

I haven't managed to get anything done yet, I've been too busy with frantically revising for collections and a million other things I need to get done this week.
(edited 13 years ago)
Going good! Slowed down a bit since the weekend. Submitted CMS Cameron McKenna and taken the test, Kennedys, Baker & Smith, Pinsent Masons and Hogan Lovells. Finished Herbert Smith as well but a friend is still reviewing my app. Will probably apply to as many as I can.
Reply 119
Hi All,

I need your advice. There is this question on one of the forms which asks the following: 'Why are you interested in pursuing a career at an international law firm?' Any advice you provide would be much obliged.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending