The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Hi, has anyone here done test for CMS yet?
pauly28
Hi, has anyone here done test for CMS yet?

Yup.
Reply 162
maghreblover
Yup.

How did u find it in terms of timing, r all verbal reasoning test this tight? :eek:
pauly28
How did u find it in terms of timing, r all verbal reasoning test this tight? :eek:

I actually thought the timing was alright, to be honest. I've been taking quite a few verbal tests since August as I'm also applying to investment banks, and the tests get better over time.
Anyone heard from Freshfields yet about the verbal test link? I even tried calling, but they didn't pick up :frown:
Reply 165
maghreblover
I actually thought the timing was alright, to be honest. I've been taking quite a few verbal tests since August as I'm also applying to investment banks, and the tests get better over time.

that explains it then, was my first real one:yep:
Freshfields has sorted the issue! :smile:
Reply 167
Freshfields test completed :smile:

Also, submitted my app to Cleary and Latham & Watkins .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 168
Just submitted my applications to:
Herbert Smith (Still need to do the test; how did everyone find it?)
White & Case
Latham & Watkins
Pinsent Masons
DLA Piper
Kennedys
Wah, I've only sent one off so far. I'm very slow, and I keep thinking my writing style is too flowery... And I'm not sure my commercial awareness answer is what they are looking for. Maybe it's a bit too complicated, I don't know.

I'm applying for Christmas, as well, so maybe I should be in the 2010 one and not in here, but nvm.
(edited 13 years ago)
eve_22
Applications submitted to:

Freshfields
Hogan Lovells
Herbert Smith
CMS Cameron McKenna
White & Case
Skadden
Travers Smith
SJ Berwin

All that's left to do now is to wait for the results and to also complete the other apps once they open in November/December time. Good luck everyone!

you're insane (in a good way). proper motivation for everyone else though! :smile:
Reply 171
eve_22
Freshfields test completed :smile:

Also, submitted my app to Cleary and Latham & Watkins .

Eve,

When I clicked on 'submit' on Cleary application form, nothing happened. Did you get a confirmation email when you submitted your form? I wonder whether there is a problem with their website.
Thanks.
Reply 172
connetou
Eve,

When I clicked on 'submit' on Cleary application form, nothing happened. Did you get a confirmation email when you submitted your form? I wonder whether there is a problem with their website.
Thanks.

I got the same thing - I think it might just be their website. I might write to them and ask if I don't hear anything from them in the form of acknowledgment in the next week or so.
Cleary doesn't give you a confirmation but they do receive everything. The system is a bit annoying.
The Cleary form is just straight to the point and awesome! :biggrin:

How long are your cover letters for Cleary, by the way? Standard one page?

This is going to be my 11th application, think I'm going to put an end to it here till 1st November- so busy with school, interviews and events. :frown:
Your covering letter should be maximum 2/3rds of a page. Your CV should do the talking.
The West Wing
Your covering letter should be maximum 2/3rds of a page. Your CV should do the talking.

Danke.
Reply 177
To those of you who've submitted applications to Herbert Smith, how did you find the verbal reasoning and logical reasoning tests?
Reply 178
krsna108
To those of you who've submitted applications to Herbert Smith, how did you find the verbal reasoning and logical reasoning tests?

The former was OK, but the latter was a bit of a nightmare at times. I have done a few of those VS tests so far and a lot of the content was actually the same... :yep:
Reply 179
A number of firms have radically overhauled their selection procedures in a bid to weed out weak applicants as competition for training contracts remains high.

Herbert Smith has added two exercises to its recruitment process to test what the firm calls ‘intellectual ability’. The top 10 outfit will be adding an online situational judgement test, which candidates will have to take when they first fill in their application form.

http://www.thelawyer.com/1005768.article

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending