The Student Room Group

Philosophy/Law Personal Statement?

I'm keen to do law at degree level, but if I don't get my AAA-AAB I need an insurance course to apply for. I really like philosophy so I'd like to apply for that, but I don't know if I'd be able to get away with interlinking the two in my Personal Statement - would it be a bad choice to do this?

Basically, if they are both competitive and not particularly similar so it may do me no favours in not just focusing on one. But, then again, I do really need the insurance as law is difficult to get into. In addition I don't have much to say about philosophy other then I'm doing a dissertation which involves law, politics and philosophy.

What do you think I should do?? :eek3:
direct parts of your statement at legal philosophy :colonhash:
find some books by professors in jurisprudence etc and claim to have read them - hell, maybe even actually read them. emphasise how they have captivated both your legal and philosophical mind.
Hm, personally I just wanted an ICT/Computer course so that's all I talked about in my PS.

This isn't always going to be the case, but one of my friends wrote a personal statement, specifically mentioning marine biology and got the offer on a marine biology course, but got rejected on another course that was still science based.

I'd say it can be risky and it's always good to choose 2 courses that are perhaps quite similar - you will actually apply for 5 courses usually but it's always good to talk a fair amount about the appropriate course in your PS.
Its not ideal, but you could definitely get away with it.

Interestingly, I understand that combined courses can be less competitive. How about 1 or 2 applications for Law and Philosophy? You could definitely get away with that

Latest

Trending

Trending