The Student Room Group

Is more than one ear piercing chavvy?

I am soo tempted to either get a second hole in both ears or get like one half way up my left ear. The only thing stopping me is that my parents say that I will look like a chav and they don't want me to get either done, even though I am 18.

Advice please? Do you think it looks alright or do you agree with my parents that I will look classier with just the one I already have?

Scroll to see replies

dancingshoes10
I am soo tempted to either get a second hole in both ears or get like one half way up my left ear. The only thing stopping me is that my parents say that I will look like a chav and they don't want me to get either done, even though I am 18.

Advice please? Do you think it looks alright or do you agree with my parents that I will look classier with just the one I already have?

I have two on both ears on the... bottom bit. Doesn't look chavy though I do get the odd comment from people going 'oh you badass'. :s-smilie: But really, it's fine. :smile:
Reply 2
no:wtf:
I have two. The outer ones are better for rather large studs like the big flower and heart ones I have.
Reply 4
I have two on both ears...I dont think I look chavvy.
no

ones all around the ears would look chavy and nasty imo.
Reply 6
I have 2 in each ear, it's hardly chavvy unless you have those huge gold hoops. Go for it, it looks quirky. :smile:
Reply 7
nope it looks nice as long as they are little studs not rings
Reply 8
i dont think its chavvy, i have 2 in each lobe and 2 in the cartilage and most people dont even notice. ive always had compliments that they suit me. it depends what you wear in the piercing that will make it lok chavvy or not. i tend to wear simple silver studs or sleepers
I've got 5 piercings altogether... 3 in one earlobe, one in the other, and then one halfway up the ear in that ear. The one which has 3 in one earlobe rarely has all three filled, more likely just two.
I have both my lobes pierced once, as well as my tragus and cartilage. It doesn't look chavvy, it looks pretty cool!
No I have 3 on one and 2 on the other, it's kind of indie...unless you wear hoops as someone has already said.
imo, I don't like stretched ears and all of that. But each to their own
Reply 12
I have three in my ear lobes - and I don't look chavvy in the slightest.
Reply 13
I have 5 on each ear, I think it looks fine :smile:
Depends entirely on what you wear in the piercings - and, it must be said, your other clothes. Lots of thick, fake gold hoops from Argos + a tracksuit = chavvy (big stereotypes here I know), but normal clothes and studs (or one set of small, thin hoops + studs) don't make you look chavvy.
I have 9 on each ear and am the least chaviest person I know. People at work have told me they look smart :p:
I have 2 in each ear, I just wear simple studs in the holes and it doesn't look 'chavvy' at all. Go for it. :smile: If you get it done and don't like it you can always take it out and let it heal up anyway.
God this is beyond a joke, why is it everytime someone describes something that they don't like, they refer to it as chavvy :dunno:

Anyway OP - no, having another ear piercing isn't going to make you look like an utter chav.

/
Reply 18
If you have already considered it, it's already too late. Clearly, you share the taste of chavs :dontknow:
I think it depends on how you wear it but go for it! :smile:

Latest