The Student Room Group

Weird Circumstances regarding My Gcse Biology.

Hello all, first time posting on this forum :smile:.
Well my problem is this... I have just completed Triple Science as i am year 11 and i have left school. Now I started half way through year 10, due to severe circumstances, many had written me off entirely to even pass... But i am passing those expectations and i am really looking to gain a B. The thing is this. I understand the grade boundary is 280 for a B.
Now this is the deal.
Adding all my scores together, means i need to score 67 on B2 foundation Unit to gain a B grade in Biology. I am itching my head, to as why i did so bad on my Isa, I got a B :frown: and i have noticed that my teacher had changed my score from my Unit 3 exam dropping the score by 2 ums marks.. I have eyebrows raised here, as i dont understand this... the other students in my class haven't experienced a change in score... and my original score stayed at 74 since january until i noticed a change to 72 in mid may leading up to the B2..exam. I think something is dogy here... and so is my Isa mark... As in my other Isa's i obtained A*.. Im not trying to lay accusations, but this does seem a bit dogy to me, Any thoughts?..
Also.. can anyone give me a rough indication on how many marks did i need to score to gain a 67 on the B2 Foundation Paper....??
Many Thanks In Advance
Reply 1
you mixed foundation with higher?
Reply 2
Well... Yh our Science teacher will always take the option that has minimal risk, this normally means just scraping a B grade by a couple of Ums Marks. But As stated above, i am confused about why my grade score was changed from 74-72. Dont get it, it stayed as 74 for a couple of months, and was recently changed. I think something is fishy here as i fail to see this as a mistake, and why wasnt it rectifyed earlier. I doubt talking to my teacher would work, he will just try to evade the matter and talk his way out of it. What can i do about this, because at this stage every Ums mark is vital for me to obtain a B grade.
Does any one have any idea how many marks i need to score to get a 67 ums score on the foundation paper?
Thanks
Reply 3
B isn't bad.
Change in score could be re-mark/boundary change etc, speak to your teacher/dept. leader.
Tbh I didn't think you could mix foundation and higher :confused:
Foundation exams are easier as they have lower percentages, so you wouldn't be able to get the higher grades if you haven't taken higher papers all the way through - highest you can get on foundation tier is a C as foundation grades are C-G, higher grades are A*-D AFAIK.

Latest

Trending

Trending