The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

patientology
Not true. There was once a girl with a smokin' body, hot as hot can be, she showed interest... but her teeth were horrible.

Not true, I once had sex with a woman with no teeth, though she was 86 so it was understandable... I didn't care I did it for the Lad points.. :smile:
I would say the colouring looks fine but would recommend braces - don't worry about it :smile: I'm 22 and about to get them. I don't think invisalign would work on your teeth as it is really only for mild cases but I think braces will look cute on you and think about how great they would look afterwards!
Reply 22
It also sounds like there is a dietry difficiency as well? Teeth are bones - calcuim. Thinning hair may just be hereditory... Jeez... i cant spell... But yea, sounds a good idea to go to the dentist (even though you might have a fear of them?) and they will be able to advise you much better than a bunch of loonatics on the internet :smile: hehe - no offense people :P
Slicksomnia
Not true, I once had sex with a woman with no teeth, though she was 86 so it was understandable... I didn't care I did it for the Lad points.. :smile:

:eek3: true lad
Reply 24
jojosephine
I dont know what to do about my teeth they are yellow with a bit of a brown at the root on nearly every tooth, crooked from when i sucked my thumb. im really depressed about them. am i too old to get a brace? will it seem freaky? men i have dated have never commented on them but one of my housemates did once. my hair is really thin also and im only 23 :frown: advice please..

you are never too old for a brace and many older celebrities have been spotted wearing them. Sounds like you need to go the dentist for your teeth also i would go the doctors about the hair if its changed, if your hair as always been thin then maybe consider a short cut as hair thickens up. You could also go and see a hair dresser about ideas of what to do also. One bit of advice is massage your scalp when applying shampoo and conditioner as this helps hair growth. Hope you feel better soon.
Reply 25
Your teeth don't look that bad. A bit crooked, yes, but so what? Everyone has flaws. If you're that worried, get braces.
you could get the invisible braces,and no one will know you're wearing them :smile:

Reply 27
sil3nt_cha0s
I'm sure if you get naked, men won't care about your teeth.

This
Reply 28
Troll.
Go to the pound shop and get a toothpaste called "pearl drops" it works really well and it won't break the bank!
patientology
:eek3: true lad

LOOOL. :yep:
pics...

of boobs
Visit the dentist to make sure the teeth haven't any rot or problems with your gums. Very important as some people get peiriodontitis when young and lose their teeth. My bf works in a dental practice and he had rot developing in one of incisors. They had to cut it out and fill it temporarily..he is due the permanent filling soon and it is going to hurt as it is done near the nerve. He regrets not taking care of his teeth over the last year or so.

The staining is not too pronounced but that piccy is quite dark so it's hard to tell. You need to improve your oral hygiene first and foremost. Invest in some good old teeth whitening toothpaste and remember to floss up into the gum line...(should help you with yellowing around the root-build up of plaque and calculus can cause future issues)

Up to you if you want to use mouthwash...just make sure they have a high enough fluoride concentration...I like Listerine because it burns but meh you don't NEED it. Brushing and flossing is much more important imo.

Make sure you visit the dentist!!! You probably don't want to embarrass yourself with your teeth but trust me get it sorted now before it is too late. Your front teeth are noticeably crooked and you can get these sorted and straightened but invisalign will cost you up to 2grand so think carefully! Conventional train tracks is a lot less, but obviously less attractive.

No shame in being a 23 year old with braces...I need to get my own teeth sorted (I have a tiny jaw + too many teeth so they overlap) but the only thing holding me back is the cost. I'm 22.
Nahdrav
Ignore dennis, id say get yourself to a dentist asap,cost really shouldnt be an issue on a matter like this. Your body is the most important thing in the world and by neglecting yourself proper care now youre only going to be making matters worse in the long run.
From the look of things youre going to need at least professional whitening and braces, so should probably get a headstart on that now, better to have braces when youre 23 than when youre 33 :smile: .

Seeeen
Reply 34
Perplexingly_Jaded
Go to the dentist they will sort them out for you :smile:

I'm just wondering, do you have a dentist phobia? If you go to your usual check-ups, they usually pick up on these things and sort them.

i dont have dentist phobia i just didnt go for years from being a kid. i went once when i was 17, ive booked an appointment now! its on 1st august im a bit embaressed about what they will say! damn parents! i blame them for not taking me when i was younger!
jojosephine
i dont have dentist phobia i just didnt go for years from being a kid. i went once when i was 17, ive booked an appointment now! its on 1st august im a bit embaressed about what they will say! damn parents! i blame them for not taking me when i was younger!

Awww :o: A lot of people don’t go because of phobias or because they find it hard to get on dentists lists. Well done for getting an appointment :yep: they'll tell you what you need sorted and all the options. Don’t be embarrassed, dentists have seen all kinds of teeth, people with teeth missing, crooked teeth, pure black teeth. They won’t say anything horrible to you, just advise you :smile:
Reply 36
Perplexingly_Jaded
Awww :o: A lot of people don’t go because of phobias or because they find it hard to get on dentists lists. Well done for getting an appointment :yep: they'll tell you what you need sorted and all the options. Don’t be embarrassed, dentists have seen all kinds of teeth, people with teeth missing, crooked teeth, pure black teeth. They won’t say anything horrible to you, just advise you :smile:

thankyou :smile:

Latest