Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR has the best group of Mods

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been members of many forums over the past few years and I wanted to say the moderation policy, the standards and the moderating itself is brilliant here on TSR. Just wanted to thank you all for your efforts in keeping this place balanced and clean; you make TSR what it is
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so are you hoping to get laid or just feeling sentimental
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just being honest. You have to appreciate what good you have
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think it is over anal and unfair personally, seeing as i get warned for like the most dumb things (like size of sig) then looking around the site for about 5 mins and seeing about 5 culprits offending worse than me. sucks.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    so are you hoping to get laid or just feeling sentimental
    It's either sarcasm or a plead to be a mod :p: (kidding).

Getting laid, that's interesting.....

(Original post by Workforce)
    x
    You don't need to blow your JSA on prostitutes now. Praise the mods to high heaven. I'll be your bitch at the very least.

Even better, become an Internet moderator, women can't get enough of them.

(Original post by Mr. Orange)
    i think it is over anal and unfair personally, seeing as i get warned for like the most dumb things (like size of sig) then looking around the site for about 5 mins and seeing about 5 culprits offending worse than me. sucks.
    I can't comment on warnings given out (as I'm not a moderator anymore and generally speaking mods shouldn't discuss warnings given my other mods especially in public). So I'm only speaking generally, but a large sig will usually be spoiler with an alert or PM explaining why. An alert isn't a warning.

Moderators don't go around wanting to warn people for silly things like large sigs. Honest.

Of course there will be members who have larger sigs, but mods are not all seeing. You sig was only noticed because you posted in a thread where there was a mod or someone reported it. If you drew the other members' sigs to the attention of the mods then those sigs would have been spoilered.

Do people really think mods can see and do everything?
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    Glad you think so. It's easy to be cynical without looking ast the bigger picture and the great work they do. Seriously, if there was no moderation team there would likely be no TSR.

In this age of social media TSR's model is still quite unique. People we speak to about the site are always impressed by various aspects of the site and the moderation is one that always catches their attention and regularly commended. The fact that many ideas, suggestions and improvements come from the moderation team is something we hugely rely upon, which (along with user feedback and input) has led us to look at AAM and it's structure, look at reworking the warnings system (currently under discussion), our moderation policy and mod/member clarity, as well as a host of other things either site or area specific.

Of course there are always improvements that we can and will be making. We recently conducted our yearly moderators survey to get feedback on a number of key areas, from communications to structure and general feelings. We hope to push forward and start implementing a number of key changes to the site off the back of this.

As well as this our launch of vBulletin 3.8 will see a host of changes, enabling us to build a better platform for ourselves in the future. We've also introduced our development list requesting ideas to be put on it by users, as well as the development survey (which has now been closed as of 2 days ago) to get mass feedback on those ideas put forward by other members.

What i'm getting at, is I hope in the future that we can make sure we have a sustainable system for receiving feedback from mod's and members alike. I'd love to see a situation whereby everyone loves moderation and the mod's but that's fairly unlikely. A lot has been said for transparency helping this, which we're working on.

I'm really grateful to be involved with such a cool, diverse group of people and to have been lucky to meet with many of them - and sharing the odd piece of cooked jellyfish as per last weekend. 'cos that's just how we roll (:hmmmm:)
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    I'm really grateful to be involved with such a cool, diverse group of people and to have been lucky to meet with many of them - and sharing the odd piece of cooked jellyfish as per last weekend. 'cos that's just how we roll (:hmmmm:)
    Mods meet? Is this what I'm missing out on?

In all seriousness it's nice for the moderation team to get some credit. Some mistakes might have been made in the past but they do share a passion for the site and only want to see it improve. Not to mention giving up huge amounts of their time to improve the site and resolve disputes. I won't even attempt to estimate the amount of time I spent moderating before going back to university (probably the equivalent of six months non stop 24 hour moderating :o: ) and often all we get in return is complaints and rudeness.

I didn't mean to sound cynical :hat2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Moderators are there for a reason, to enforce rules, if rules are broken, then a kick up the arse is needed, and I think the TSR moderators do a fine job of that.

A few more moderators do need hiring though I think.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    :adore:
    • 29 followers

I know, right :blush:

This makes a nice change from the usual threads about mods the About forum.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for joining this mod ass licking queue :p:
    • 32 followers

Well, isn't this nice. :p: Rare too. :rolleyes:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    My favourite is strawberry. :yes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP is looking for some sexy mod rep.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    We try our best and its nice that someone appreciates it :blush:
    • 77 followers

(Original post by Mr. Orange)
    If you see other people with large sigs, then report them and they will be dealt with in the same way.

Most of these 'warnings' must have been alerts which are exactly as it's names, an alert telling you what's been done and that we'd like you not to take that action again.

And this is a nice thread
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I've been members of many forums over the past few years and I wanted to say the moderation policy, the standards and the moderating itself is brilliant here on TSR. Just wanted to thank you all for your efforts in keeping this place balanced and clean; you make TSR what it is
    I used to think this, but now I know better.

Moderators are like politicians - the best ones are the ones that hide their true acts and views best.

If the AAM forum and moderations/warnings/alerts etc. were public (and they didn't mod you for even posting a screenshot of your own thread), **** would hit the fan.

To be fair, once I had a good case and presented it to the admin, the moderator 'stepped down' within a couple of weeks, after being moved to a less demanding forum.

This did not happen when other mods were given the responsibility, they just backed him to the hilt.

A few mods, as with any forum, can be fine and normal, while others you never met can randomly attack you with wall-o-texts for suggesting transparency.

Just screenshot everything dodgy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR moderation isn't so great.. Someone told me to 'GTFO' for recommending an overweight girl to lose weight, I responded by telling them to GTFO themselves, and abused them only moderately by saying they had crap for brains (they had called me a 'racist' for telling the fat girl to lose weight by eating traditional Indian food instead of junk, while not being aware that I am South Asian myself). I posted saying 'no offense intended to you or the OP'. Guess who got warned? That's right, it was me. With 5 points no less. So TSR moderation is really quite amateur and has a teenage girly feel.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acolyte)
    TSR moderation isn't so great.. Someone told me to 'GTFO' for recommending an overweight girl to lose weight, I responded by telling them to GTFO themselves, and abused them only moderately by saying they had crap for brains (they had called me a 'racist' for telling the fat girl to lose weight by eating traditional Indian food instead of junk, while not being aware that I am South Asian myself). I posted saying 'no offense intended to you or the OP'. Guess who got warned? That's right, it was me. With 5 points no less. So TSR moderation is really quite amateur and has a teenage girly feel.
    Owned.

Either the OP is high/drunk or is getting laid :sexface:. Or both :awesome:. This thread it cringy :p:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    BTW I find humour in when a mod negs but is too scared to even leave their name. All talk but no balls/she-balls. :awesome:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 27, 2010
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.