The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Visiting Students at Warwick 2010

Hi all,

I would like to check whether there are any visiting students out there who will be joining Warwick this fall. In case there are (what I absolutely hope), why not getting to know each other a little bit and exchange useful information.

And to all other WW students:

Do you guyd have any idea where to look for accomodation when staying only for one term? (late September to December)

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! :smile:

jd.
jd.
Hi all,

I would like to check whether there are any visiting students out there who will be joining Warwick this fall. In case there are (what I absolutely hope), why not getting to know each other a little bit and exchange useful information.

And to all other WW students:

Do you guyd have any idea where to look for accomodation when staying only for one term? (late September to December)

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! :smile:

jd.

Just to check - what does 'WW students' stand for?

It looks as though you are here only part time - for the autumn term. You can apply for on campus accommodation (as long as you do it within the next 2 weeks).
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
jd.
OP
Hey. I actually thought that ww would be an appropriate abbreviation for Warwick, never mind though.

You're right, I can and will apply for on campus accommodation but since I am only a part-time student (for the autumn termn, correct), the international office told me that I don't neccessarily get a room. That's why I just would like to check whether someone has a second idea :smile:

Thanks for your answer though, appreciate it!
jd.
Hey. I actually thought that ww would be an appropriate abbreviation for Warwick, never mind though.

You're right, I can and will apply for on campus accommodation but since I am only a part-time student (for the autumn termn, correct), the international office told me that I don't neccessarily get a room. That's why I just would like to check whether someone has a second idea :smile:

Thanks for your answer though, appreciate it!

Ah - I relate WW to Westwood (the halls of residence/campus).

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/10/allocation10/#partes

That says that if you are part time then you are given priority regardless if you are EU or non-EU.

But you could still go for Warwick Accommodation if you wish to live off campus - they could probably arrange a 12 week or so let.
Reply 4
jd.
OP
I see - I guess, I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the link. I had no idea, an accomodation service could be that helpful. In Switzerland (where I study right now), such a service practically doesn't exist or isn't helping at all.

Cheers

PS: Any other visiting (or exchange or whatever) students out there?
Reply 5
jd.
OP
TheTallOne
Ah - I relate WW to Westwood (the halls of residence/campus).

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/10/allocation10/#partes

That says that if you are part time then you are given priority regardless if you are EU or non-EU.

But you could still go for Warwick Accommodation if you wish to live off campus - they could probably arrange a 12 week or so let.

Hey guys, I have one more question.

I'm not sure if anyone here can help me further, but I'll give it a shot.

So far I haven't heard anything from the international office regarding which courses I can or can't do and how I am supposed to "apply" for them? Does anyone here has an idea how visiting students are supposed to do this?

Plus, I have heard from an Erasmus student that she already chose courses, so I'm a bit afraid that I have missed a deadline or something.

Can anyone enlighten me? :smile:
jd.
Hey guys, I have one more question.

I'm not sure if anyone here can help me further, but I'll give it a shot.

So far I haven't heard anything from the international office regarding which courses I can or can't do and how I am supposed to "apply" for them? Does anyone here has an idea how visiting students are supposed to do this?

Plus, I have heard from an Erasmus student that she already chose courses, so I'm a bit afraid that I have missed a deadline or something.

Can anyone enlighten me? :smile:

I suggest that you email your department as different courses will operate different procedures. You mentioned you're doing a business/finance course a few weeks ago - registration will probably be done on the WBS website.
Reply 7
jd.
OP
TheTallOne
I suggest that you email your department as different courses will operate different procedures. You mentioned you're doing a business/finance course a few weeks ago - registration will probably be done on the WBS website.

I've already done that last week but didn't yet get a response. I'll probably wait a few more days and then I'll call them. Thanks, it's pretty awesome that you respond that quickly! I appreciate it

Latest

Trending

Trending