The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
mariame
I'm black but my mum is Jamaican/British,my dad is Moroccan
so in that sense yes. i do not get the flu ,for example, that often so who knows..
i do live a very active lifestyle so that may also have a part to play.:yep:

:eek: My parents are exactly the same! Never heard of anyone else with Jamaican, English and Moroccan in them before :woo:
Quite rare...

Hmmm....back to the point...i think being mixed race has its benefits and disadvantages...
Reply 101
SaBzY
:eek: My parents are exactly the same! Never heard of anyone else with Jamaican, English and Moroccan in them before :woo:
Quite rare...

Hmmm....back to the point...i think being mixed race has its benefits and disadvantages...

:eek3: nice:yep: ,

advantages=:sexface:
disadvantages= uhhh :sexface:
:biggrin: lol
IMO, there are good and bad bits of being mixed race. It largely depends on what races you are. Of course, there's the compliments on your looks, heritage etc. But then there's a bit of confusion in your own mind as you grow older. Like.....where do I really fit in? Who do I fit in with? Why do I feel split in half?
Biologically, the less inbreeding, the better. So if your parents are very genetically distant from each other, that's very good for you and your health. It's the same as the difference between a mongrel and a pedigree dog.

There have been studies which have claimed that wider genetic diversity in the family also means that the person is more likely to be attractive to a wider group of people, as they may possess attractive qualities of many different 'races'.

However, being mixedrace myself, the only advantages I've encountered have been:
-Hardly ever get sunburn
-Don't feel the need to conform to one race-related stereotype.
-Have cool stories about my ancestors from all different stretches of the earth...
Reply 104
No, it's crap. I've always grown up and identified with white culture, but because I've got a bit of colour in my skin I'm expected to follow black stereotypes which I just can't relate to.
I've seen the documentary before and the facts are plain to see that genetically it is better to be mixed race, before we even get onto the other benefits.

Latest

Trending

Trending