The Student Room Group

Freshers - Transport

Now, I know that it's terribly cheeky for me to post this, but I'd recommend you look at the "Connecting People with Places" booklet before you come, available free from GMPTE. (They're darn quick at delivering!)

It WON'T tell you about single-operator tickets, it doesn't even have a map of where travelcards can be used (I have a gripe about this), and it doesn't have any prices in, but it will give you a good idea of how to get around (especially away from Oxford Road), and includes information about the Metroshuttle, contact numbers and maps of the train and tram networks.

Anyway, I found it incredibly useful when I was trying to get my head around the Mancunian transport system. The maps by bus stops can be useful, but take practice to decipher :biggrin:

Then again, they might give all this information out in Freshers Week, in which case you can just ignore this thread...

EDIT: A lot of the information they miss out in the booklet (eg prices) is available on the website - my own, fairly neat solution was to cut some post-it notes down to size, and stick the information in - that way, you can simply remove them when (inevitably) prices go up :smile:
yep, manchester's transport is probably more confusing than london's if you don't know where you're going!

good advice, may have to get that booklet myself :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending