The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im suprised that apple weren't mentioned, not that they should be there anyway
**** Nestlé got No.24
Reply 3
Not surprised google dominates both tables at all. I really want to work there - even for a crap salary - their work ethos is amazing.
Reply 4
Very interesting reading.

*COUGH*
Reply 5
I havent even heard of many of those...

what is PricewaterhouseCoopers?
what is Ernst & Young?
what is Procter & Gamble?

etc...
Reply 6
SciFiBoy
I havent even heard of many of those...

what is PricewaterhouseCoopers?
what is Ernst & Young?
what is Procter & Gamble?

etc...

Seriously? :lolwut:
Reply 7
Mithra
Seriously? :lolwut:

seriously.

should I have heard of them?
Reply 8
blatchcorn
Not surprised google dominates both tables at all. I really want to work there - even for a crap salary - their work ethos is amazing.

Me too, just seems amazing!

Lol, people really want to work for Deloitte over Bain, MS, CS, DB, BCG etc...reallY???
Reply 10
SciFiBoy
seriously.

I also have never head of PriceWaterCoolers or whatever.

That list is ******** anyway.
Goldman and Sachs? Pssh.
Reply 11
SciFiBoy
seriously.

There amongst the largest multi-nationals, financial and accountancy firms in the world.

Procter and Gamble alone are one of the world's most profitable companies owning loads of major brands including Pampers, Duracell, Braun, Oral B, Gilette and Ariel. About 50% of what you'll find in your local supermarket or most supermarkets in the world :p:

They used to own Sunny Delight. It was only the other week I discovered that they broke away from P+G in 2004.

But I still think you're kidding :p:
Mann18
I also have never head of PriceWaterCoolers or whatever.

That list is ******** anyway.
Goldman and Sachs? Pssh.

yeah, maybe its becuase I have no interest in bussiness, lol, but most of the ones I recognise are websites and food and drink companies. (because I see them everyday)
Reply 13
SciFiBoy
yeah, maybe its becuase I have no interest in bussiness, lol, but most of the ones I recognise are websites and food and drink companies. (because I see them everyday)

I would say that's like most people, I think if you asked most people on the street, they wouldn't know of some of the companies on that list.

That said, I only didn't know No.2.
But then again, what a crap name for a company. should have called it "AWESOME INCORPORATED."
Now that's a name.
River85
There amongst the largest multi-nationals, financial and accountancy firms in the world.

Procter and Gamble alone are one of the world's most profitable companies owning loads of major brands including Pampers, Duracell, Braun, Oral B, Gilette and Ariel. About 50% of what you'll find in your local supermarket or most supermarkets in the world :p:

They used to own Sunny Delight. It was only the other week I discovered that they broke away from P+G in 2004.

But I still think you're kidding :p:

I know the brands there, obviously, they are in my local shops.

didnt know they were owned by these specific companies.

im not joking...why would I?
This falls completely flat on it's face without even opening the URL. They aren't the best companies by virtue of being the best places to work - how are most students likely to know that? No one on here is going to have the slightest view as the difference between working at Goldman Sachs or Daimler. It's a BS table, where 'rank' is determined by a companies sector prominence, not the quality of work on offer.

Find someone who's actually worked/works at Goldman Sachs and ask them if they enjoyed it. There are a few, but not many.
Reply 16
SciFiBoy

Well you'll know the brands Procter and Gamble own, you'll be very familiar with most of them, just have never been aware that they are owned by P+G.

I only first became aware of Procter and Gamble in 1997 or so with Sunny Delight (reading the bottles) and that they have a major techincal centre in Newcastle (one of two in the country). Also the health controversies about Sunny Delight and moral questions raised over P+Gs practices.

Then again, I was only 12 in 1997.....
NothingOnYou
This falls completely flat on it's face without even opening the URL. They aren't the best companies by virtue of being the best places to work - how are most students likely to know that? No one on here is going to have the slightest view as the difference between working at Goldman Sachs or Daimler. It's a BS table, where 'rank' is determined by a companies sector prominence, not the quality of work on offer.

Find someone who's actually worked/works at Goldman Sachs and ask them if they enjoyed it. There are a few, but not many.

You can't measure branding. Branding is how people perceive a company/product.
Reply 18
SciFiBoy

im not joking...why would I?

It's the Internet. People are strange and lie or troll (especially on this site). It can be hard to tell who is being serious and who isn't by the very nature of an Internet forum.

You aren't expected to know who P+G are. It's not exactly part of the National Curriculum and there are more important things to know.
Reply 19
prospectivEEconomist
You can't measure branding. Branding is how people perceive a company/product.

So then the table defeats itself.
And the world once again descends into subjective anarchy...

Latest

Trending

Trending