The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Let's take Swaziland.
Reply 61
I can see the benefits a war such as the Falklands would bring to national pride and unity. There is a lot of tension between the Muslim community and the rest of British society at the moment- and its something that wars have a habbit of fixing.

But obviously wars bring death and destruction and cost a lot of money so no, I don't think Britain needs a war. Not only that, I have reletives on the Falklands and obviously I hope no harm comes to them.
The last thing some people here need is more national pride...
Reply 63
Er, no.
Not bloody here it doesn't. Why would you want a war? Great idea. Let's go get innocent lives slaughtered for the sake of it :rolleyes:
Reply 65
I propose the subcontinent.

We can call it the War against the White Man (& Woman) - Part 2/the Sequel.

And then we can play 'Rape the Redcoat' and 'F*ck the Frangi' again.

Vot do you reckon OP? Are you up for it?
Reply 66
As long as you don't have to fight it, right OP?
Reply 67
CookieDoughLove
Let's go get innocent lives slaughtered for the sake of it :rolleyes:

Well it looks like we are already... in Afghanistan and all the other places British troops are sitting.
Edit: Your avatar is kissable.
noooo! war is bad
Reply 69
A.galloway
See thats why you ignore the geneva convention, kill all the civilians that the taliban are hiding in, and by the process of elimination you will get all the taliban. And if the civilians wish to live they would identify the taliban.

yeah well if they ignore the geneva convention, Britain will no longer be able to take the moral high ground (something which they thing they invented!)

carpet bombing afghanistan will only create more resentment and more muslims will turn towards bombing us in london!
Reply 70
nativeLondoner
In order to boost national pride and strengthen those post industrial communities weakened by recession. Britain needs a new conflict again. Good for keeping young men off the streets, but also at a broader level to resurrect some pride in lower middle class society.

A good idea?

What if we lose?
S.R
What if we lose?

hehe, good point. nukes can be dangerous!
Reply 72
nativeLondoner
In order to boost national pride and strengthen those post industrial communities weakened by recession. Britain needs a new conflict again. Good for keeping young men off the streets, but also at a broader level to resurrect some pride in lower middle class society.

A good idea?

britain can't afford to go to war.... they're having enough trouble in sangin!
who do you think britian should go to war with? Northern Ireland??

I think it should be pakistan as they are a country who britian have ignored (for good reason) during their "war on terror"...... (don't worry pakistanis..... just a suggestion)

they could choose an "easy" war and invade somewhere like sudan .... but they'll most probably show their incompetence there as well.
Reply 73
S.R
What if we lose?

we can blame it on the non-white british soliders! :biggrin:
let's concentrate on loving each other :smile:
Reply 75
150 Azog
I can see the benefits a war such as the Falklands would bring to national pride and unity. There is a lot of tension between the Muslim community and the rest of British society at the moment- and its something that wars have a habbit of fixing.

But obviously wars bring death and destruction and cost a lot of money so no, I don't think Britain needs a war. Not only that, I have reletives on the Falklands and obviously I hope no harm comes to them.

You'd think so huh! Britian bombing pakistan for their involvement on the war on terror and links to terror across the world... Funny how britian overlooked pakistan in their "war on terror"!!!
Perhaps because britain has a pakistani population who wouldn't be too pleased when british soliders are out there killilng their loved ones.... would cause too many problems for britain....

what do ya think?
Reply 76
bunty64
we can blame it on the non-white british soliders! :biggrin:

Yes because the Gurkhas are rubbish soldiers.....
Reply 77
S.R
Yes because the Gurkhas are rubbish soldiers.....

or so it would seem when we need someone to blame! :biggrin:
bunty64
britain can't afford to go to war.... they're having enough trouble in sangin!
who do you think britian should go to war with? Northern Ireland??

I think it should be pakistan as they are a country who britian have ignored (for good reason) during their "war on terror"...... (don't worry pakistanis..... just a suggestion)

they could choose an "easy" war and invade somewhere like sudan .... but they'll most probably show their incompetence there as well.

cos that wouldn't provoke them into using their nuclear weapons and also ruin the peace in kashmir

globalization means wars like Falklands or WWII ect which have national pride just don't happen any more, we should find other things to be proud of in our countries as war and military strength aren't everything
manga-freak
cos that wouldn't provoke them into using their nuclear weapons and also ruin the peace in kashmir

globalization means wars like Falklands or WWII ect which have national pride just don't happen any more, we should find other things to be proud of in our countries as war and military strength aren't everything

c'mon guys, love not war! :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending