The Student Room Group
Why would you do that? It'd be simpler to just reapply the next year...
Just reapply the next year. You'll know what grades you have then, and would be able to get an unconditional offer!
Reply 3
lattywatty
Why would you do that? It'd be simpler to just reapply the next year...

Cos I've already sent off my student loan stuff and I got a feeling it'll be more complicated to sort that stuff out. Or could I just tell Student Loan (if I decide to take a year out) that I don't wanna go to uni anymore?
As far as I'm aware. Universities generally do not accept students through clearing on the condition of a deferred entry.

The purpose of clearing is to fill empty seats for the current year.
Just reapply next cycle
Reply 6
It looks like I may be re-applying for uni then :erm:

Im currently planning to do an apprenticeship but I'll be doing training and get a certificate at the end- will the college that I'm at help me with my UCAS application or will I have to do it as an individual?
hwalusimo1
It looks like I may be re-applying for uni then :erm:

Im currently planning to do an apprenticeship but I'll be doing training and get a certificate at the end- will the college that I'm at help me with my UCAS application or will I have to do it as an individual?

If your college is nice enough they should be able to give you all the support you need for a new application. Find a teacher who you are fond of, to write you a reference.

You may need to ask your college for details how to create a new UCAS account; it's been a while but I think it requires some sort of password/buzzword. Whether you are a student or not, I think it would be easier to apply through the college to get the support you might need.

Or you can just apply as an individual, its entirely up to you!
Reply 8
Magical Moogles
If your college is nice enough they should be able to give you all the support you need for a new application. Find a teacher who you are fond of, to write you a reference.

You may need to ask your college for details how to create a new UCAS account; it's been a while but I think it requires some sort of password/buzzword.

Ok, thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending