The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
On that Sex ID Profile Test, I got a score of 25% male... :toofunny:

I can't say I'm terribly surprised... I've been called manly many times...
Reply 61
najinaji
I ask because I find people's responses interesting. Whether people feel they conform with gender roles or not.

Ah but that's not what you asked :tongue: conforming to gender roles is a whole other kettle of fish.
Reply 62
KTpie
Ah but that's not what you asked :tongue: conforming to gender roles is a whole other kettle of fish.

I guess so... but if you considered yourself to be more girly, wouldn't you do more girly things? (Wear girly clothes etc.)
I'm not really sure, I'm a lot like my dad in that I'm reserved and am a complete geek and a perfectionist but then I can be very sensitive and emotional at times... but then I can't sit through girly/trashy films. Except for PS I Love You and 10 Things I Hate About You. I hate floral/frilly/pink clothing so I basically just live in the same clothes, seeing as pretty much everything sold in shops these days are one or more of these.

(/rant)

But then I love rabbits and cats and kittens and cute things.

I don't know. I feel in between. :frown:
Reply 64
I don't feel especially feminine I guess I am somewhere in the middle. I am attracted to men though.
Mm_Minty
.I can get deeply involved in books etc but I just found out today that someone my family knew has died and my mum's pretty shocked and cut up and I'm just...*shrug*
If you didn't know the member of your family that well then there's nothing un-normal about just feeling like that. My nans mum died last year but she hadn't been a part of my life at all. My Mum only recently got back into contact with her a year previous... cause before then they just didn't get on at all (My Mum moved out at 15)

Anyway everything about me is male. I have sometimes got emotional at books/films but not in the sense that I cry or anything. Just that I can feel it. :p:
Female... I can't imagine wanting to be male. I know a few transgendered people, and I can identify much more easily with those who are biologically male wanting to be female than the other way around...
Reply 67
Fred Ivanovic
If you didn't know the member of your family that well then there's nothing un-normal about just feeling like that. My nans mum died last year but she hadn't been a part of my life at all. My Mum only recently got back into contact with her a year previous... cause before then they just didn't get on at all (My Mum moved out at 15)

Anyway everything about me is male. I have sometimes got emotional at books/films but not in the sense that I cry or anything. Just that I can feel it. :p:

Good to know that I'm not emotionally crippled :p:
My gender is Male, I always get askd that in registration forms.
I hate gender stereotypes, but I guess I'd say I'm psychologically a female as well as physically.
Reply 70
najinaji
I guess so... but if you considered yourself to be more girly, wouldn't you do more girly things? (Wear girly clothes etc.)

I don't consider myself to be 'girly'.

In terms of stereotypical gender roles and attributes, no, i don't conform.

Remember we're not talking about biological sex here, rather the cultural construct that is gender. Whether you 'feel' more one gender or the other, and how you 'perform' that gender, are different questions.
Reply 71
KTpie
I don't consider myself to be 'girly'.

In terms of stereotypical gender roles and attributes, no, i don't conform.

Remember we're not talking about biological sex here, rather the cultural construct that is gender. Whether you 'feel' more one gender or the other, and how you 'perform' that gender, are different questions.

Well said.

Latest

Trending

Trending