The Student Room Group

Gap Year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi, I've just finished my AS Levels exams, and from this September will be applying for Uni to study Social Work..................... However, I'm not sure whether to take a GAP Year, to focus and gain some experience in the Social work field and start the course when i'm 19, etc, or if I apply straigh for 2011 entry without a gap year , and begin the degree at 18, whether I would be too young haviing not had much experience..........Some degree courses want a minimum of 3 months exp regardless of whether ur 18 or a mature student.. Just wondering what other people thought....... Thanx :smile:
Don't chunder everywhere....
Moe Lester
Don't chunder everywhere....

:smile:
Reply 3
I think everyone should have a gap year! they get you money, experience in your chosen field, life experience and i think most people are around 19ish when they go to uni. If your work is something to do with social work then it can confirm that this is definatly something you want to study for a long time and money :biggrin:
Reply 4
Gap yah?
miffygal
I think everyone should have a gap year! they get you money, experience in your chosen field, life experience and i think most people are around 19ish when they go to uni. If your work is something to do with social work then it can confirm that this is definatly something you want to study for a long time and money :biggrin:

:smile: i like................
marshmallowcake
Hi, I've just finished my AS Levels exams, and from this September will be applying for Uni to study Social Work..................... However, I'm not sure whether to take a GAP Year, to focus and gain some experience in the Social work field and start the course when i'm 19, etc, or if I apply straigh for 2011 entry without a gap year , and begin the degree at 18, whether I would be too young haviing not had much experience..........Some degree courses want a minimum of 3 months exp regardless of whether ur 18 or a mature student.. Just wondering what other people thought....... Thanx :smile:

well ga year can be great and can get you off track too. i would suggest take admissions directly after finishing school.
Reply 7
Im glad!!!
Reply 8
It can be good to get a place secured and then deffer it, to ensure you dont have to worry about not getting the place in the second instance.
That really reminds me of this time on my Gap Yah...
Yh, If i take one , i defer............but do u think i should gain exp b4 a social work course,...maybe 18's a bit young to start,. espesh wivout much exp...

Latest

Trending

Trending