The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Do Gap Yahers get put together?

Greetings all

I'm just coming to the end of my gap yah, been to all sorts of exciting places such as Sainsburahs and the office...ah...maybe not

Anyway, slightly serious question here (and I couldnt find another thread using search, feel free to link me to it and delete this post if there is one)

I've heard rumours that those who've taken gap years often get put together in a flat / corridor / whatever in uni accomodation

Is this true?
I'd rather this wasn't the case, one of the reasons i took a year off was because I hated being one of the youngest in the year (late july birthday - note to everyone out there if you're planning your family don't curse them with a late birthday, conceive in the spring!) and i was rather looking forward to getting thrown in with people more around my age rather than up to a year (or more) older than me as per usual
Reply 1
Not that I'm aware of. They do often seem to categorise people by things like taste in music, favourite sports and such, but that's so that they're grouping people with similar interests; gap years, I wouldn't really say so.

But seriously, that whole younger/older of the year thing will mean nothing to you. I go drinking with 3rd years, and am going out with a 2nd year, as a fresher. Nobody cares.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
No maybe they do this with matures but not the like of you
DarkWhite
Not that I'm aware of. They do often seem to categorise people by things like taste in music, favourite sports and such, but that's so that they're grouping people with similar interests; gap years, I wouldn't really say so.

But seriously, that whole younger/older of the year thing will mean nothing to you. I go drinking with 3rd years, and am going out with a 2nd year, as a fresher. Nobody cares.

how do they group people by sports, music etc? because i never put any of that down anywhere on my accomodation application
No, and from the people I know there, I don't think there's any specific method used when putting people together. Perhaps it changes from whether you're in halls or on campus.
Reply 5
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK
how do they group people by sports, music etc? because i never put any of that down anywhere on my accomodation application

They have done in the past, at least I remember it lol

Latest

Trending

Trending