The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Insua was in the dressing room and in the starting XI when Hodgson was told. Hodgson isn't in charge of transfers at the club, a Chelsea season ticket holder and a ******* banker are. ******* ridiculous!
Reply 2
We're ****** basically :frown: Difficult season ahead lads.
Reply 3
ChrisWilliams
Insua was in the dressing room and in the starting XI when Hodgson was told. Hodgson isn't in charge of transfers at the club, a Chelsea season ticket holder and a ******* banker are. ******* ridiculous!

It is a completely ridiculous situation we are in when we hire a manager and then tell him that all the transfers are being completed anyway before he gets a chance to evaluate his squad.

I bet they have made all their choices based on playing FM over the summer.
Reply 4
And meskell, you used the code to join it ffs :colonhash: , it's in a notepad attachment in the old Liverpool soc. Like 2/3 pages from the end.
Reply 5
Dare I ask - predictions for our final league position next year.

I'll be optimistic and say 5th.
Reply 6
Louis1991
Have you got any young players coming through that could provide cover at left back, or do you need to sign two now? Agger should be played in the middle imo.

The one we did have coming through (the spelling eludes me but he was a German called Butchmannan or something) we sold for pennies :facepalm2: so Agger and Carragher are the only players left who have previously played there for us.
Deshi
And meskell, you used the code to join it ffs :colonhash: , it's in a notepad attachment in the old Liverpool soc. Like 2/3 pages from the end.

:facepalm: Scousers.
Reply 8
Deshi

I still don't know what it is though :colonhash: Tell me ffs :colonhash:
Reply 9
Optimistic - 4th :colondollar:
Reality - 7th :sigh:
Optimistic - 7th
Reality - 12th

The only recognised left back we have at the club, who's played a whole 7 minutes, is 16...
Reply 11
FF code is in :h:
Reply 12
This thread is bound to contain bad news because meskell has started it :facepalm2:

And sarforaz's post count in the old thread is collosal!
Reply 13
Are you Shaw you aren't Cross about something :mmm:
Funny. I actually thought things could only get better.

7th at best.

Looking less likely now.

Man City 4th, and will stay there for a while.
Reply 15
Looks like you lot might have signed Joe Cole. Paddy power have suspened betting on Coles' next club:

Paddy Power said, “We’ve raised the white flag and it looks like good news for Liverpool fans. It was a very quiet market that suddenly sprang to life and scores of bets were placed one after the other at all odds between 11/2 and 7/4. Money usually talks in markets like this and it’s shouting louder than a vuvuzela!”
Paddy Power also paid out on the mancs winning the quadruple the year before last, only for Pompey to beat them in the FA Cup and Barcelona in the European Cup. It means nothing
Reply 17
**** purslow
ChrisWilliams
Paddy Power also paid out on the mancs winning the quadruple the year before last, only for Pompey to beat them in the FA Cup and Barcelona in the European Cup. It means nothing

And paid out on Stoke getting relegated from the Premiership in their first season after just one game.
Reply 19
I think Hodgson will either fail spectacularly or do really well. I foresee no middle ground.

Latest