The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yawn11
To put it simply, if the was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with homosexuality, this wouldn't even be a debate.

There is nothing wrong with homosxuality. There is a debate because of the ignorance and bigotry people like you are displaying. That's what is wrong.
Reply 121
0w3n-69
I know... i don't know why i'm trying... XD

And no? :s-smilie: lol

oh im getting mixed up

and because your bored and nothing else to do?
Yawn11

If I agee'd with it I'd be gay or bi-sexual.

Welcome to the real world.

What total BS hahaha

Are you serious?

You have to BE something just to AGREE with it? What kind of an argument is that?
Reply 123
Toquin
oh im getting mixed up

and because your bored and nothing else to do?

Oh haha!

And yes... i am! I just love showing biggots how stupid they are on TSR :wink: haha! x
Reply 124
I just realized the majority of my quotes are from gays, obviously they'll disagree.
I think it's fine.

It's not about whether they have a mother and father, it's about how they parent.

A hetrosexual couple could abuse their child, whilst a same sex couple could bring up a child in a safe and loving environment. It all depends!
Yawn11
I just realized the majority of my quotes are from gays, obviously they'll disagree.

Actually the majority of your quotes are from sane people, obviously they'll disagree.
Reply 127
0w3n-69
Oh haha!

And yes... i am! I just love showing biggots how stupid they are on TSR :wink: haha! x

they dont and they never will learn how stupid they are any time soon
Yawn11
I hate when people make completely stupid points like this. That fact your willing to go as far as comparing sexuality to technology just shows how weak your argument is. I'm not gonna entertain this with a proper response, this has already bin replied so read back.

To put it simply, if the was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with homosexuality, this wouldn't even be a debate.

For the record, I also find your argument stupid, but I address it nonetheless. Your main counterpoints to me have been "that's stupid", and you haven't really addressed anything I've said. Do you have nothing to say against my argument that homosexuality is completely natural?

If you are so in the right, why not humour us? What's wrong with the comparison, seriously?

The base of your argument seemed to be that homosexuality is unnatural, so I provided you with some more unnatural things that you could campaign against in your free time.
Reply 129
Toquin
they dont and they never will learn how stupid they are any time soon

Alas... Tis a sad and trivial world we live in! :moon:
Reply 130
0w3n-69
Alas... Tis a sad and trivial world we live in! :moon:

thats a little over dramatic isnt it?
didgeridoo12uk
i couldn't care less if my parents were a gay couple. i really don't see an issue with it

This is you now but what would it be like while going through puberty and before? :smile:
Reply 132
Toquin
thats a little over dramatic isnt it?

It would be, if it were a lie!
Reply 133
I think it's fine :yes:

Oh, and I would have more respect for the opinions of people in this thread if they just outright admitted they were homophobic instead of labeling themselves 'undecided'. I'm mainly talking about...

GazingAtStars
I'm a bit undecided. I guess I'm swaying towards the 'it's completely wrong'. I mean, it's quite unnatural and to be honest I would definitely not have wanted to grow up with two Mothers or two Fathers. It would make the child completely different to every other child in their class at school. But then I'm thinking just because a couple is gay, why shouldn't they be given the chance to have kids. However it was their choice to be with someone of the same sex so it's their fault they can't have kids. Although it's not really their fault they're that way. Soooooooooo. Hmmmm. Undecided. If the gay couple adopt a child then I suppose they are giving the child a loving family and that is better than having no family. So it's good in that way. But there's still something in me that says it's a bit wrong. I think it's because I was brought up to think gay = WRONG.
Reply 134
0w3n-69
It would be, if it were a lie!

O_o ok.....
katebushfan

I'd hedge a bet too that the majority, if not all, people that are against same sex couples adopting and think it would 'damage' a child don't give any money to charities who help children who have come from abusive families, I bet these people wouldn't consider fostering either. So for me, I feel the need to argue this point as I really doubt any of you arguing the 'against' are doing it for any moral reasons, it's just hardwired homophobia.

I'm sorry to take issue with just this one statement as you have raised a number of excellent points , but I have already stated that I am perfectly fine with people in gay relationships. It's the parenting I have an issue with. Please don't brand everybody who is against gay parenting as an outright homophobe. There are many issues involving hetrosexual couples which I also don't agree with, this doesn't mean I hate hetrosexuals.
ibysaiyan
This is you now but what would it be like while going through puberty and before? :smile:

i dont see how it would make a difference. i never talked to my parents about puberty and crap at all. they're still kept very much out of my private life.

even if they were gay, i don't see how it would affect me (or anyone else) going through puberty??
Yawn11

No. The majority of people disagree with you because you're making silly playground-type arguments with no justification or backing up. You expect people to just accept ''because I say so!'' as a valid reason. You seem unable to counter-argue anyone who does disagree with you, and this would imply that you're a) intellectually challenged, b) bigoted and carrying attitudes that you've inherited and naively believed without question from other bigoted people (also see a.) or c) trolling.
Reply 138
If kids are raised by same sex parents then theyll turn gay and then eventually humans will become extinct.

Not serious.
You might want to change the colour of the not serious bit.

Latest