The Student Room Group

The most 'RAH' universities!!

Scroll to see replies

Physics Enemy
LOL you're definitely wrong, maybe even deluded perhaps. You've not met a single person who is posh and spoilt, who blows money? Uni and the lifestyle costs a bomb and is lazy/spoilt ... I'm actually surprised that there are non-RAHs at uni!

Leeds has loads of RAHs ... the uni that is. But granted the people are friendly and outgoing, and on the whole very accepting of all types of people. So being RAH isn't necessarily bad at all. Not at Leeds.

Most people I've met aren't really posh or spoilt. Maybe I've just been lucky with who I've met, since everybody else seems to say Leeds. I'd never even heard of Rahs until I saw it on this forum. I thought they were just called posh kids.
ilickbatteries
A what house? :smile: That would be council. Say it with me, cown-sill. COUNCIL.

You soft Southern *******.

What got up your backside? I'm from the north anyway
MarknSpark
All this talk about Leeds is mad. I haven't met a single person there that fits the given descriptions of a "rah". I really have no idea where everybody is coming from on that.

maybe becuase you are one yourself and not consciously aware of :rolleyes:
cambio wechsel
RAHs are a (minority) subset of former public school students. I think the derivation was originally from "come on [team name], rah, rah, rah!", and the recent and back-formulated acronym "Rich ArseHole" doesn't really capture it.

RAHs are conscious of their social status and will live up to a set of expectations: join the Conservative Association, do country sports. Exeter became popular in large part because it was somewhere that provided opportunity to haul your green wellies out on a regular basis. Word got around that "Exeter is a gentleman's university", such that a social exclusivity was born, you had to be of that class to know that if you didn't get into Oxbridge then Exeter was the thing, while another (and perhaps academically better) university really wasn't. And the idea gets consolidated by a birds of a feather circumstance.

thanks!now i know :smile:
hermaphrodite
maybe becuase you are one yourself and not consciously aware of :rolleyes:

Don't be a prick, you know nothing about me mate.
Nothing like a bit of hate with undertones of jealousy... Retards.
tig ol bitties
Nothing like a bit of hate with undertones of jealousy... Retards.

Clearly a rah; you'll fit in perfectly at Durham.
King_Blumpkins
Newcastle is up there, i'm not a student at the university, but every fraking September all the "Rahs" flock up here and it's bloody annoying. We have a fair ratio of "Rahs" to "Chavs" up here at Newcastle.

lol.
allow :smile:
just don't worry about it. get on with your life enit :woo:
GatsbyCrazy
Clearly a rah; you'll fit in perfectly at Durham.

No.
Reply 149
Well Roehampton is FULL of rahs. Its like some kind of rah producing machine, actually quite scary. (not helped by being in in west London)
Lexx
Well Roehampton is FULL of rahs. Its like some kind of rah producing machine, actually quite scary. (not helped by being in in west London)

Penis
Reply 151
dan_dan_dan
As an inhabitant of Durham, I'm going to have to say... Durham

Yes, Durham is very RAH!!!!
G8D
What is "rah"?

You have access to google, yet you had to ask that question? :facepalm2:
Reply 153
The University of Lady GaGa (Roma Roma campus).
G8D
Ralcorp Holdings?
Royal Albert Hall?
Redmayne, Arnold and Harris?

Here retard. There's even a wiki page on it aswell as 'urban dictionary'.
zzzzzz
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by (:Becca(:
Durham is definitely a rah university. Newcastle I'm not sure, I never seem to run into as many posh people in Newcastle as I do in Durham, but maybe that's because Newcastle is a bigger city :s-smilie:
This thread has totally put me off applying to Leeds...

This thread really has slightly put doubts in my mind! About 30 mins ago there were my sure first! I think I may have talked to you before about Leeds, but I can't remember but you chose Leeds in the end - is it as bad as you expected 'rah' wise lol?
Original post by angrydanmarin
Newcastle? Leeds? Counsel houses spring to mind...not teapots and silver service.

Unless the uni's are different

Indeed they are. It's two different worlds side by side, effectively. Amusing stuff.
What is rah ?

Original post by dulciemae
This thread really has slightly put doubts in my mind! About 30 mins ago there were my sure first! I think I may have talked to you before about Leeds, but I can't remember but you chose Leeds in the end - is it as bad as you expected 'rah' wise lol?

It's not as bad as say Durham for rahs, there's a lot of them around but Leeds is such a big uni it's quite easy to avoid them for the most part. It hasn't been as bad as I expected :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest