The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I almost had a hard decision of whether to reject Cambridge or not. I've applied for general engineering at Bristol and Cambridge (according to imsoacademic, the only place apart from Oxford you can go that means anything) intending for Cambridge to be the best place ever and all others to be fallbacks, until I found out the Bristol course was far superior in some ways. I'd have preferred the Cambridge course a little because it's more academic, but the Bristol one was more useful for a career in engineering. It was going to be a tough decision of which to firm, but that was made easy when I got rejected by Bristol. Stop thinking that rejecting Oxbridge is always a bad thing to do.

OP, I think you should make sure you'd want to go there before you apply. It'd be a waste of an option if you didn't.
don't ruin other peoples chances
Reply 62
With your GCSE results, yes.
I was thinking of doing this, just so I could be like: Oxford wanted me but I REJECTED them!! The problem was, however, that your application has to be in that much sooner, so you'll have to start working on everything ASAP.
Reply 63
The OP won't be taking away the opportunity to study at Oxbridge from another applicant because the tutors will just choose another person to give an offer to if someone turns down their offer. So there really is no issue if the OP applies and eventually decides that she doesn't want to study at Oxbridge.

Latest

Trending

Trending