On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Cellardore
woooo i'm doing politics :biggrin:

so far i have a professor who literally looked like he rolled out of bed and likes to drink alot of wine. He invited the politicd class to a cheese and wine fest! which was quite funny, then i got abit typsy and had to visit my personal tutor at the same time! deary me....

i have another professor who is very very serious (kind of made me think why on earth did i choose politics!?)

and another one called professor Russel Bentley who is quite funny- we study political theory and philosphy in his class which so far is really interesting! with theorists such as Plato, Aristotle, John Locke, Thomas Hobbes, Jean Jacques Rousseau and Karl Marx

which reminds me i actually have homework now *sighs* an A4 page on whether we live in a democratic country or not. Ah well not too taxing.

lol! I think I could quite easily cope with having drunk lecturers! Southampton sounds really nice, but Im a bit worried cos it said in their prospectus that they had about 10 applications per place! ahhh!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 21
skagirl
very VERY good, huh?! does that mean youre starting to like human geog? heyy?!!

heeeeeyy, dont go that far! :p:

i'm neutral at the moment :wink::biggrin:
Reply 22
leona
lol! I think I could quite easily cope with having drunk lecturers! Southampton sounds really nice, but Im a bit worried cos it said in their prospectus that they had about 10 applications per place! ahhh!

Yeah apparently Over a thousand people applied for Psychology with only 129 places available.
Reply 23
:hello: han
Reply 24
Hello There! :biggrin:

(Did you go to the laughter Lounge tonight?)

O.o fire alarm over at connought.. I can see the firefighters from here.
Reply 25
nope i didnt...stayed in and made loaaaaads of pasta :biggrin:

was it good?
Reply 26
It was Hillarious! Oh some of the jokes were just so funny, the bridge was laughing there heads of! (well there heads stayed on.. you now what I mean.)

O.o you do geography dont you? You must be based in the shackelton building too!
leona

do they? :s: bloody hell how did i get in!?? :eek:
Reply 28
Hanzing
It was Hillarious! Oh some of the jokes were just so funny, the bridge was laughing there heads of! (well there heads stayed on.. you now what I mean.)

O.o you do geography dont you? You must be based in the shackelton building too!

yeh! :biggrin::biggrin:

:party:
Reply 29
woo Shackelton Love!
Reply 30
Had my 1st ever lecture in Shackleton today..bloody tiny!!
Reply 31
its cosy :wink:
Reply 32
Yeah, Nice and cosy in the Computer lab. With pop out computers, Im so easily entertained!
Reply 33
Cellardore
do they? :s: bloody hell how did i get in!?? :eek:

Yep. Well Done!
Reply 34
Hanzing
Yeah, Nice and cosy in the Computer lab. With pop out computers, Im so easily entertained!

:elefant:
Reply 35
I'm applying for Psychology at Soton! woo! I'm really worried I won't get in though!

Hanzig, can you please explain more about the non-psychology bit? What kind of choices were there?
Reply 36
Well must take 2 non-psychology options in your first year.. One each semester- they ranged from topics under Biological sciences, earth scienc, economics, sociology, langufes, law, Philosophy, politcs, management and geography. Then you take a course for one semser for example in bio sciences you could take one module called 'Human Nutrition' for now till jan ish. then something else the next.
Some module courses do ask for A-levels in that topic area some dont. Mainly its jsut finding one tht fits!!
(Politics is kinda interesting...)
Reply 37
10 applications per place!

Perhaps people put Southampton low down their preference lists and reject the offers they get from there because they prefer other places or courses. Perhaps if you saw who was given an offer it would be more like 4 offers per place?
Reply 38
I'm a UCAS guide this year for some of the ECS open days, so I may see anyone that's thinking of Soton for comp sci / comp engineering. Be sure to come along - they're always well hosted! :smile:
Reply 39
I'm applying for Psychology at Soton! I really liked it there! :biggrin:

Bit worried about the Non-Psychological modules now!

Latest