The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Smiley_Me
I'm getting paid £5 to fill in a survey.

I need all the money I can get, having spent £800 this week. :eek:

I know im the same......i got soo excited about getting all my accomm info and then......we want £140 deposit........and also £43 pounds for a meal and college membership.

How much is everyone taking with them for freshers week???? Im hoping £300 will be enough!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Whooooa, £300 for freshers week alone! I'm not taking anywhere near that amount, I'm just going to have to limit my spending. I'm literally broke after this summer so I'm relying on parents for money. Well, them and the fact that it's my birthday on 1st October, the day before I go. Woo!
Reply 42
Retardchar
Whooooa, £300 for freshers week alone! I'm not taking anywhere near that amount, I'm just going to have to limit my spending. I'm literally broke after this summer so I'm relying on parents for money. Well, them and the fact that it's my birthday on 1st October, the day before I go. Woo!

That is the best time to have a birthday!!!

So that should be enough then....i'll probably not spend it all and then it can be used for other weeks.
Reply 43
tana
I know im the same......i got soo excited about getting all my accomm info and then......we want £140 deposit........and also £43 pounds for a meal and college membership.

How much is everyone taking with them for freshers week???? Im hoping £300 will be enough!

I have paid for my accomodation deposit, college membership. I have just bought myself a new computer. I also have to pay for my internet connection when I get there.

I'm running out of money fast. Have about £300 and that can't all be spent on freshers week.

My parents are paying for my fees, but I feel guilty asking them for money.
Reply 44
I'm bugeting about £250 for freshers week...I have spent so much lately, a new laptop, saucepans, plates...there's just so much stuff and it all costs money I don't have!
Reply 45
Smiley_Me
I have paid for my accomodation deposit, college membership. I have just bought myself a new computer. I also have to pay for my internet connection when I get there.

I'm running out of money fast. Have about £300 and that can't all be spent on freshers week.

My parents are paying for my fees, but I feel guilty asking them for money.

I know exactly what you mean. I wanted to feel really independent this year but my parents are paying for my tuition fees and my accommodation....so im not independent at all!!
Reply 46
tana
I know exactly what you mean. I wanted to feel really independent this year but my parents are paying for my tuition fees and my accommodation....so im not independent at all!!

I wish my parents were paying my accomodation too. Then at least I'd have my loan to spend.

At this rate my overdraft will be used by the end of freshers.
Reply 47
Smiley_Me
I wish my parents were paying my accomodation too. Then at least I'd have my loan to spend.

At this rate my overdraft will be used by the end of freshers.

Yeah ive been able to split my loan into weekly amounts as thats what im gonna be living off!!!
Reply 48
I dont know if this is of any interest to anyone but i rung up my college to find out what colour my carpet and curtains were in my room to help choose bedding colour. I would advise all to check, there are some awful combinations..........curtains can be changed but carpets cant!!!!
Oooh you checked on the colour of your carpet and curtains? Wow... That's not a bad idea.

Also, on the subject of money, my parents are paying for most of my living expenses and everything. My dad turned fifty this year so he got his pension but he's working still, so the pension is being spent on me, heheh. I plan on getting a part-time job while I'm there though, just for extra money. I have no budget for freshers week, I'm just winging it. :redface:
Reply 50
Retardchar
Oooh you checked on the colour of your carpet and curtains? Wow... That's not a bad idea.

Also, on the subject of money, my parents are paying for most of my living expenses and everything. My dad turned fifty this year so he got his pension but he's working still, so the pension is being spent on me, heheh. I plan on getting a part-time job while I'm there though, just for extra money. I have no budget for freshers week, I'm just winging it.

I dont need to work either but its just something for me to do!!!

I was gonna buy about 4 different coloured bedding sets but i thought that would be stupid....so yea i just asked and now i know exactly what i need!!
I said to my friend (who's also going to Lancaster) the other day that it's sods law that because I've bought most of my stuff around the colour red, for some bizzare reason, that I'll end up with some horribly clashing colour for curtains and carpet.

I want to phone and check now, but I think the lady in the accommodations office has had enough of me after all the trouble I caused the other day worrying about my room being reallocated. :p:
Reply 52
Retardchar
I said to my friend (who's also going to Lancaster) the other day that it's sods law that because I've bought most of my stuff around the colour red, for some bizzare reason, that I'll end up with some horribly clashing colour for curtains and carpet.

I want to phone and check now, but I think the lady in the accommodations office has had enough of me after all the trouble I caused the other day worrying about my room being reallocated.

All i can tell you is that for lonsdale....you can get a brown carpet with either yellow or terracotta curtains or blue carpet with blue curtains. If your in cartmel it might be pretty similar.
Ah uni dorms... The height of interior design! :p:
I'm on ground floor in county main! argh! i dont want to be in a completely male dominated floor, its just not me! im really worrying about this but i dont want to be a moaner, i think im just going to have to sit it out!

does anyone know what county main rooms look like?

<<Lew>>
Reply 55
Somebody's most probably put lots of thought and effort into coming up with that colour scheme as well-it depresses me!!!!! :smile:
Reply 56
longview13082
I'm on ground floor in county main! argh! i dont want to be in a completely male dominated floor, its just not me! im really worrying about this but i dont want to be a moaner, i think im just going to have to sit it out!

does anyone know what county main rooms look like?

I know exactly what you mean!!! I decided to go on a mixed floor because your restricted with the same sex to similar sorts of conversations but having both guys and girls around will make it a bit more interesting.

Youve got to live on the same floor as them but be optimistic.....your not going to be there day and night........you can meet plenty of female friends at county bar!!!
good point :p: ahh thts my first crisis sorted haha

thanks

<<Lew>>
X
Colour scheme! Its to be desired in all the colleges But you can just put your own curtains up and stick a rug on the floor.
Reply 59
haha! i bought all my bedding from ikea a few weeks ago and got it home and had a curtain clashing panic attack! i'm glad we can change the curtains, my mums good at that sort of thing :smile:
i think if the only thing bothering you is a clashing colour scheme then you're doing alright.

Latest