The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

sarahbee:
i think if the only thing bothering you is a clashing colour scheme then you're doing alright.

Very true. Also, what's the betting we all get there and nearly everyone has loads of stuff from Ikea? I'm betting quite high.

LittleMiss:
you can just put your own curtains up and stick a rug on the floor.

I have a rug... but I didn't know we were allowed to change our curtains... Meh, I'll find out next week when I ring up again. :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
As long as you put the uni provided ones back up at the end of the term/year then it should be ok.
Reply 62
I've just played it safe and bought white bedding and sheets.
Reply 63
Smiley_Me

Actually that would have been the best idea.....but as ive got brown carpets ive gone for a latte colour.
Reply 64
tana
Actually that would have been the best idea.....but as ive got brown carpets ive gone for a latte colour.

One of my quilt sets has that colour on the other side. I planned ahead. :wink:

My God my room is so full of bags and boxes now. I got loads of stuff today.
Reply 65
I fully intend to rinse my overdraft in the first week.

My parents aren't letting me have my student loan at all. They will be paying my accomodation and giving me £100 a week to live on.

I have £80 in my account, I need to buy a TV, mobile phone, new sneakers and I have 4 weeks of wages to come - about £400. Hopefully I'll be grand.
Smiley_Me:

Psch, I like playing Russian Roulette with my interior design. :p: Red all the way!

My room is full of stuff to take to uni too... My mum bunged a load of suitcases in my room a month ago, charming! I'm taking so much stuff with me... Fortunately, dad drives a pick-up truck, haha. :wink:

JoeFen:
My parents aren't letting me have my student loan at all. They will be paying my accomodation and giving me £100 a week to live on.

My parents are doing something similar. Except, loan pays for tuition fees, they pay accommodation and give me £40 a week to live on. I think I'll do fine on that, more money than I have now!
Reply 67
Smiley_Me
One of my quilt sets has that colour on the other side. I planned ahead. :wink:

My God my room is so full of bags and boxes now. I got loads of stuff today.

Im the same but ive stored them in the study for now!! i want to bring soo much more with me but i just know its not gonna fit!!

Im dreading packing clothes.....anyone know what the wardrobe sizes are like????
Reply 68
JoeFen

My parents are letting me have my loan but i know i can only use £110 of it a week-im pretty strict with myself anyway so i'll make sure i dont go over.. Then they are paying me an extra £30 a week
Reply 69
You lot are all so lucky. My loan goes on accomodation and that's it. I won't get anywhere near £100 to spend a week.
Reply 70
I probably shouldn't mention that my sister has me a part time job lined up too.

I do spend stupidly, lager mostly and I also smoke so lord knows how much will go on nourishment.
Reply 71
Where you working???? I dont know where to......im gonna need extra money for festivals next year.
Reply 72
My sister is getting me a job in revolution.
Smiley_Me
You lot are all so lucky. My loan goes on accomodation and that's it. I won't get anywhere near £100 to spend a week.

Ditto!
Reply 74
danjc
Ditto!

Sucks doesn't it? Cos my parents earn quite a bit I get a rubbish loan and no help with my fees. Like it's my fault my parents earn more.

Luckily though my mother has decided to send me £20 a week for food, and I'm sure my dad will help a bit too. Plus I have my job.

It's just worrying when you think about money.
Welcome to student life...being poor, eating junk and getting drunk!

I worked all summer long but im still poor. Your loan amount is reduced in the 3rd year so I have over £400 less than I did in my second year and still the same amount of rent/bus pass/food. Im poor already and term hasnt started yet.
Smiley_Me
Sucks doesn't it? Cos my parents earn quite a bit I get a rubbish loan and no help with my fees. Like it's my fault my parents earn more.

Luckily though my mother has decided to send me £20 a week for food, and I'm sure my dad will help a bit too. Plus I have my job.

It's just worrying when you think about money.

It is. I'm 'tele-working' 10 hours a week whilst at Uni. I work for my dad's internet company so can work away from home which should give me enough to live on. I also wouldn't mind a bar job on campus or in town.

Latest