The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

History, and I would like to be a historian!
Reply 81
Algebraic topology is a branch of mathematics which uses tools from abstract algebra to study topological spaces. The basic goal is to find algebraic invariants that classify topological spaces up to homeomorphism. In many situations this is too much to hope for and it is more prudent to aim for a more modest goal, classification up to homotopy equivalence.
Reply 82
I want to do jewellery design at uni :smile:
Reply 83
Politics, International Relations, European Studies (with/without Modern Languages).

Then I guess a Master or two, and if I feel in the mood a PhD.
However, then going to work. What? I've got seriously no idea.
Journalism and media may be nice. I like diplomacy (but I'm not sure whether to wait for British citizenship and do the Fast Stream civil service or do the Diplomacy Master in the Spanish Foreign Affairs Ministry). I don't dislike economics. Civil servant in the EU sounds really cool (though I would need to stay in the UK for five years to get the British passport - so bye-bye Scandinavia for my Master-, I don't know if I want to be in the Spanish section...). I like planes, so being a pilot or (more possibly) an air traffic controller are not out of my mind. A political career (whether in the UK or in Spain) also sound good. Doing a Law master and going to the bar after that (to be a lawyer or a barrister) are not ruled out, either, though they're not my preference.
I'll probably end up in something different to this, anyway.
I know I want to travel, anyway. I want to live abroad, I want to live in many places, to learn new languages and to see many cultures, climates, etc. I'd like to spend some time in the Nordic Countries (specifically Scandinavia). I'd like to learn French, Italian and German up to a proficient degree some day.

I don't know... we'll see.
Reply 84
I want to go to Drama School but if not:
English & Film/English/Philosophy/PPE/Economics/Politics/Business/Business Economics

Then if I can't be an actor, I'd like to do producing or something.
Then if I can't do that, I'd like to work in Publishing/Journalism.
Then if I can't do that, I'd like to work in Business - perhaps Marketing?
Or maybe I'd work in Politics...

Tbh, as you can probably tell, I am absolutely lost.
Studying Human Resource Management and Employment Relations (hopefully :p:)

Want to be a commercial lawyer...
Economics - Economist (Maybe at a research institution or for government/EU)
Economics and I want to be an Accountant.
Pharmacy. I want to be a pharmacist.
Or chemistry, I want to work in pharmaceutics/teacher
Reply 89
i wanna do aerospace engineer...build up space ships and import aliens.!!
No Chemical Engineers?

I'm going to Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
And would love to do something with pharmaceutical chemistry, or designing chemical plants etc
:biggrin:
Reply 91
degree in criminal justice and criminology or law
then an MA in Criminology
then apply to the police, and pray every day that i'll get in...
Computer Science. No idea what job - I just love CompSci :biggrin:
Philosophy - Government, IB, Civil service or Philosophy teacher :biggrin:
Medicine -> Doctor
Reply 95
I am going to do Media Studies with Scriptwriting. I am hoping to get into scriptwriting for television dramas, but if I change my mind I will go into some area of media (maybe radio because I am good at mindless and funny banter!)

Latest

Trending

Trending