The Student Room Group

New police uniforms

Scroll to see replies

im pretty sure this uniform has been on the go in scotland for years. kinda in response to johnny luk
Reply 21
i think they look quite intimidating actually :O
They look kind of like the Borg. Seriously, compare:

V.
Well for one, those massive helmets they have been wearing aren't really practical when running or chasing someone are they. So those cap ones, are much better. Its a uniform, there to do a job. I can't believe anyone would want to debate this.
Reply 24
robbo3045
Well for one, those massive helmets they have been wearing aren't really practical when running or chasing someone are they. So those cap ones, are much better. Its a uniform, there to do a job. I can't believe anyone would want to debate this.

calm down bro, as i said in the first sentence this this is not some serious debate. if you are getting upset for some reason you can leave.
loafer
calm down bro, as i said in the first sentence this this is not some serious debate. if you are getting upset for some reason you can leave.

lolcopter. Im not angry or upset. I was just passing comment. But it is hard to judge tone on the internet.
Addzter
Might just be me, but I'd prefer my cops to scare criminals, not endear them.

this
Reply 27
ragnar_jonsson
Maybe they're trying to deter potential policemen from trying out by having ridiculously uncomfortable and ugly uniforms?

Well... it worked for me!
Police do a lot of community interaction work too, so i'd rather have something that looks a bit more welcoming.

I think both of them look naff, tbh, if all the gear wasn't at the front on the new one it would be better - if it's put around the waist it'd be fine. I've been tripping and found a phone before, saw a police officer keeping the peace and thought i'd give it to him. In that new outfit, i'd seriously think twice!

Police officers shouldn't need to intimidate the average person, because the average person is not a criminal.
Meh, at least their uniform will match what they are; violent thugs who enjoy persecuting people for fun.
I know if I was a copper, I would be happy - these look much more comfortable than those old, baggy shirts.

Hate the baseball caps though, and where's the garter badge with the E II R on it?
Reply 31
For patrollers, and responders, they'll be a lot better. It's tough to run in what is effectively a suit minus jacket, plus stab vest. But I would like to see beat bobbies still wearing slacks, collar and tie. Their duty is to reassure the public more than it is to chase criminals, so smart clothes would make them look much more professional
Don't policepeople feel hot, in this weather they must be going insane :|
The older uniforms, the hats especially, were not smart. They were ridiculous.
Reply 34

Italian Police

Now THATS a cool uniform.
Reply 35
lubus

Italian Police

exactly, the police don't NEED to look like blacked-out ninjas to be effective, arguably it makes them less effective.
Public's attitude towards the police would probably increase quite significantly if the police would just return to living and working in the community like they used to.

These days they seem like some distant governmental organization designed to harass and bother the public and fail to catch proper criminals rather than as an integral part of a community.
they should look like storm troopers
lubus

Italian Police

everything about the Italian Police is cool as **** tbh

Reply 39
The reason the officers wear the Tactical Vest is that its easier for them to run, jump and move in them, it also makes everything easier to get to quickly. The officers in the second picture with the baseball caps I believe are from North Wales Police, which I think have now gone back to the more traditional head wear as it makes officers more recognisable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending