Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Deloitte Scholar Scheme 2011

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I applied for this scheme and have a first round interview on the 4th August. Anyone else?

Also how many people apply roughly?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ooohhh going to go off and read about it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just received an email earlier saying I had got through to the first round of interviews too. I was wondering how many people applies too - has anyone been unsuccessful already?

How did you find the tests and the telephone interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello

How long ago did you apply?
    I only just submitted mine hope its not too late. Not heard anything yet!

x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just wondering what questions came up on the phone interview?

Also what office have you applied for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there places still avaialble? I have not submitted my application yet . The main problems I am having are; I have not done any recent work experience let alone 4 weeks which is what all candidates must have done. What should i do as this section is mandatory !?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sending off my application now so we'll see.. good luck for your interview tomorrow!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just passed the pre screen interview, now waiting for a date for the first interview session.

'Hayatan' how did the interview go today? Were there many other people there with you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Greg
    I had my 1st interview in london this week. There were 5 others. The interview was pretty straight forward, makes sure you have 2 examples for each competency and that you know some things about deloitte and its competitors. I haven't heard back yet. If you have more questions just ask.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Greg,
    Good luck at the interview, I was there on the 4th and got through to Final Assessment day and was offered a place, think i was the first!

Yeh i would definitely agree with Wulfstan you need to have more than one example especially if you get to final assessment day. Also commercial awareness is vital make sure you no what they do in Tax, Corporate Finance, Audit and Consulting.

Wulfstan - How did it go??? Also what service line are you both interested in?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just passed my phone interview~
    Dyu think i'll find out if I got in by the time I send off uni applications on 15th oct?
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04ja31)
    Hi Greg,
    Good luck at the interview, I was there on the 4th and got through to Final Assessment day and was offered a place, think i was the first!

Yeh i would definitely agree with Wulfstan you need to have more than one example especially if you get to final assessment day. Also commercial awareness is vital make sure you no what they do in Tax, Corporate Finance, Audit and Consulting.

I just sent my application yesterday. I was wondering when will I get a reply from them? Also, can you give me any tips for the assessment day and the interview.

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mimista - you should do. they were very quick with me, they called me to first round interview within the week of my phone interview and then i got called back to final assessment day 4 days after interview so they dont hand around. They are continually running assessment days etc through graduate recruitment so its just when there is space for you and there is managers and partners available to interview. I would say that you should no my the 15th October the whole process took me just over a month.

sportycricketer - They are quick as i said above, it is all within 3 working days for each stage but they usually let you know quicker than that. I dont have any specific tips for interview and assessment day i would say look at wiki jobs as they are pretty accurate on there. Also just be yourself and know your examples especially if you get to partner interview as they will dig deep in your answers so dont bull as they will know. And make sure that you have commercial awareness so no what deloitte does in all of its service lines.

Good Luck,

Any more questions just ask.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    mimista - you should do. they were very quick with me, they called me to first round interview within the week of my phone interview and then i got called back to final assessment day 4 days after interview so they dont hand around. They are continually running assessment days etc through graduate recruitment so its just when there is space for you and there is managers and partners available to interview. I would say that you should no my the 15th October the whole process took me just over a month.

sportycricketer - They are quick as i said above, it is all within 3 working days for each stage but they usually let you know quicker than that. I dont have any specific tips for interview and assessment day i would say look at wiki jobs as they are pretty accurate on there. Also just be yourself and know your examples especially if you get to partner interview as they will dig deep in your answers so dont bull as they will know. And make sure that you have commercial awareness so no what deloitte does in all of its service lines.

Good Luck,

Any more questions just ask.
    thanks, are the tests 'numerical reasoning' and 'verbal reasoning'? and where can i practice them and any suggestions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how long it took after the final assessment day to find out whether you were successful or not? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    thanks, are the tests 'numerical reasoning' and 'verbal reasoning'? and where can i practice them and any suggestions?
    Yes, you do the numerical first and if you pass this then you complete the verbal reasoning. There are several places online to practice I personally found Kent.ac have a good site, http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/tests/mathstest.htm , also assessment day website is good.

But you also get practice questions before you take the test which you can do as many times as you like.

The only tip i would give is Don't stress, although it is hard you are not expected to get it all right and it is meant to be hard.

Good luck !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narissa1)
    Can anyone tell me how long it took after the final assessment day to find out whether you were successful or not? Thanks
    I found out an hour after my interview, the partner rang my mobile and gave me the offer after the final assessment day. Let me know how it goes???

Where did you apply and what service line are you interested in?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Leeds and have got though to the final assesment day which im doing next week; I'll let you know if I'm succesful....

I guess I'm open minded about service lines...Audit seems a bit more exciting... less number crunching etc.

What about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you do the numerical first and if you pass this then you complete the verbal reasoning. There are several places online to practice I personally found Kent.ac have a good site, http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/tests/mathstest.htm , also assessment day website is good.

But you also get practice questions before you take the test which you can do as many times as you like.

The only tip i would give is Don't stress, although it is hard you are not expected to get it all right and it is meant to be hard.

Good luck !
    Saw the website. Apart from the numerical tests, there is alot of other very useful material there. I'm giving you positive rep for linking that!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wulfstan)
    I applied for Leeds and have got though to the final assesment day which im doing next week; I'll let you know if I'm succesful....

I guess I'm open minded about service lines...Audit seems a bit more exciting... less number crunching etc.

What about you?
    I applied for London as it is the only office that does consulting. I really want to do consulting but would happily do audit as well. But as a graduate I would definitely want Consulting.

Good Luck

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.