The Student Room Group
I thought it was very hard. Definitely the hardest of my 4 A-Levels and it was a lot of work to learn everything in the course. GCSE was a piece of piss in comparison.

Physics - A at GCSE, predicted B in A2.

Maths - A at GCSE, predicted A* in A2.

And I'm confident I got my predicted grades FWIW.
Reply 2
The Magnificent KoloToure
I thought it was very hard. Definitely the hardest of my 4 A-Levels and it was a lot of work to learn everything in the course. GCSE was a piece of piss in comparison.

Physics - A at GCSE, predicted B in A2.

Maths - A at GCSE, predicted A* in A2.

And I'm confident I got my predicted grades FWIW.

Thanks for the reply :smile: Yeah the difficulty at A level kind of worried me. Your A* in maths sounds great though. If you don't mind me asking, what were your two other subjects?
Reply 3
I did Edexcel at GCSE and A level.

GCSE - A* (possibly near the highest in the year)
AS - A (88% overall)
A2 - Got an E in the module I did in January :sigh: I have retaken the module and if I do well in that and the final module I could get an A. However it is more likely to be a B (unlikely lower than that as got an A in the coursework and highish AS results to make up for it).

In my opinion the jump from AS to A2 is a lot worse than GCSE to AS (as shown by my results :p: ).
tkay
Thanks for the reply :smile: Yeah the difficulty at A level kind of worried me. Your A* in maths sounds great though. If you don't mind me asking, what were your two other subjects?

I wouldn't worry about it yet! You can always drop it at the end of AS, or probably even change in September if you don't like it.

And my other two are Psychology and Sociology.
Reply 5
I think the jump is not that far in all honesty. The first part of the Physics A-level eases you into the type of mind set they want you to be in for A-level, and then they go up in fair proportions of difficulty as you progress through the A-level. So, yeah, GCSE is a piece of p*ss compared to A-level, but I don't think the transition is all that shocking.
Reply 6
I can't even remember physics in OCR 21st century science..?

I think it was remember the order of the electromagnetic spectrum and differences between parralel and series electric circuits.

I didn't understand physics until after my january exam, just keep at it when you find it hard!

Latest