The Student Room Group

Insurance/Firm problem..Please HELP!

Hello everyone. I am in trouble and you guys need to help. I had chosen exeter uni as my firm choice and nottingham as my insurance for economics, starting 2010. However, I now want to go to Nttingham instead of exeter. I had a condition of 36 points + 6 in math from exeter and 36 points overall from nottingham. I scored 39 IB points and UCAS converted by conditional firm exeter offer to unconditional firm.

I contacted exeter to tell them that i would not be able to attend uni and they said I will have to email them. I did that but have had no replies yet. I have contacted nottingham also but they say that unless UCAS swaps your firm and insurance choices, they cannot do anything. UCAS says they cannot do the swapping unless exeter replies.

I am only scared about one thing - What if exeter declines my offer (which i want them to so that i can go to nott) and then nottingham says that your place has been offered to someone else since you became UF with exeter! this will land me in the middle of nowhere and i will have to go 2 clearing even after scoring so high in the IB!!

Please help me as to what i should do..How will the unis react..will nott offer my place to someone else??
Just get Exeter to reject you and all will be fine.
Good bloke
Just get Exeter to reject you and all will be fine.

Will it? I thought that once your firm becomes unconditional, your insurance is immediately declined and any release from your firm will put you into Clearing.
TheSownRose
Will it? I thought that once your firm becomes unconditional, your insurance is immediately declined and any release from your firm will put you into Clearing.

We are talking about doing this before 19 August. The OP's insurance place is quite safe. All that has to be done is to achieve release or rejection from the firm offer.
Reply 4
I asked this to my careers teacher ages ago lol
He said it is possible, its just a lot of hassle as (providing you get the grades for your firm) your insurance choice is rejected
I'd say you should talk to him/her (providing you're not an independant UCAS applicant)
I want to change uni too and have no idea what to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending