The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Applying to Warwick via AWARDS?

Hey,
I had mitigating circumstances(for the past 2 years)..that have impacted my studies.
Its all documented with my GP etc.
Only thing is because it was such a personal problem, I didn't tell my HOY, Warwick is on my list for 2011.

Who would I use as a referee?
My counsellor or somthing?
Or do I have to tell my HOY?

Also how much of an impact does this AWARDs thing make?

I wasn't going to apply with this originally..but now I have no choice..

Input would be nice..
I applied via AWARDS last year as my GCSES are poor due to problems I had during my last 2 years of school.

I used my form tutor as my referee for AWARDS, as well as my circumstances being explained in my reference which was done by my maths teacher. AFAIK my form tutor wasn't contacted for further info; this may have been due to it also being in my reference but I'm not sure. Your counsellor should be OK but I'd email the university first just to check.

I'm not sure exactly how much impact it makes in the offer-making process; for my course they give an offer to pretty much everyone who is predicted an A at A-level Maths, and has achieved a C in GCSE English and A in GCSE Maths (and although I was predicted the A in A-level Maths, I have a B in GCSE Maths and an E in GCSE English) - and they made me the standard offer plus having to get a C in my GCSE English re-sit, which I think was fair.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Latest