The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I phoned the accommodation office today regarding this and they said that room numbers are allocated upon arrival.. .. . so you wont know until you move in. For the purposes of TV license and so on I think you should write your name and then accommodation address... This is the only info that you have access to at present
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Damn.. it's gonna be alot of hassle for me so when i asked today they said they will tell me if i phone 2 days before i move in.
Reply 3
Starryeyed Zoo
I phoned the accommodation office today regarding this and they said that room numbers are allocated upon arrival.. .. . so you wont know until you move in. For the purposes of TV license and so on I think you should write your name and then accommodation address... This is the only info that you have access to at present

what?! they told me it has already been allocated!
Reply 4
i haven't got a room number.. have only been told which halls. made to sign and return scary documents.

Question : Does anyone know if we should be asking the Post Office to forward our mail to the halls??? Im worrying about this.
I had the same problem regarding the TV Licence & insurance... they told me to fill in the form and attach a note saying I'll give them my room number asap...
Reply 6
sleepyeba
i haven't got a room number.. have only been told which halls. made to sign and return scary documents.

Question : Does anyone know if we should be asking the Post Office to forward our mail to the halls??? Im worrying about this.

I worried about that too, but speaking to my parents, they said "what's the problem? when your post arrives, we'll just cross the address out and write your term-time address on and stick it back in the post." I was like "but they won't deliver it again!" but apparently they do. Think about it, when post arrives for the people who lived in your house before you did, you're meant to write the forwarding address on the envelope and put it back in the post (not just stick it in the bin).
Reply 7
MKG
I worried about that too, but speaking to my parents, they said "what's the problem? when your post arrives, we'll just cross the address out and write your term-time address on and stick it back in the post." I was like "but they won't deliver it again!" but apparently they do. Think about it, when post arrives for the people who lived in your house before you did, you're meant to write the forwarding address on the envelope and put it back in the post (not just stick it in the bin).

Cool.. I wonder how many times they would re-post something....
I'm going to do an experiment... post a letter to myself in Leeds, then cross it out and write my London address then cross it out and write my Leeds address and repeat until someone at Royal Mail gets really narked and rips the thing up. heheh :cool:
Reply 8
sleepyeba
Cool.. I wonder how many times they would re-post something....
I'm going to do an experiment... post a letter to myself in Leeds, then cross it out and write my London address then cross it out and write my Leeds address and repeat until someone at Royal Mail gets really narked and rips the thing up. heheh :cool:

That's exactly what I said when my parents told me that they'd just re-write the address and forward it. "Surely Royal Mail will cotton on to that?" My dad said, "of course they won't notice. How many letters do they handle every day?"
Reply 9
Ring them, thats how i got my room number.

Latest

Trending

Trending