The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i play mtg! im doing law as well and i live in london... what kinda decks do u play? i have a goblin and burn deck (red is definitely the color!)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
london... darn.. i can't travel, coz i m from malaysia n the conversion is RM7 to 1 pound... i play all the colours, several decks. u might be interested in my green red since u like red. it's quite interesting.
Reply 3
no no im doing law in bristol
Reply 4
lolz. look forward to playing with u then. cool mon, haha, both of us doing law in bristol n play magic. i'm itching to play, no one in my small tiny hometown plays it. arrrgh! the agony. i'm extended tho, nothing from kamigawa, lolz.
Reply 5
ohh i sent you a private message
Reply 6
anyone else playing magic? sighz.
Reply 7
what is it?
Reply 8
Yeah... what is it? :confused:
Reply 9
it's a really, really, really addictive trading card game. check the website for more info, go google: magic the gathering trading card game. if u r interested i can teach u. i'm in hiatt baker, i think... i just got the email from the person, haha.
Reply 10
I've played it a few times, it's pretty fun. I certainly didn't think I'd like it my first go but you can really get into it. I'd probaly play more if I knew anyone else that did.
Reply 11
Good grief.

I mean: I know they said Bristol was 'diverse'; but really. :rolleyes:

(And in answer to your question, no, I don't.)
I used to play Magic the Gathering, then I hit 12 years old.
Reply 13
sequence123
I used to play Magic the Gathering, then I hit 12 years old.

Ditto.

Though apparently there are huge prizes in competitions nowadays. I read an article on it.

Anyway - well done MTG players. At least you're not playing Warhammer (which I played from 12 years old to 13 years old).
Reply 14
haha yeah i stopped playing when i was 12 too. but its cool to revisit it i guess
Reply 15
xmaspoop
haha yeah i stopped playing when i was 12 too. but its cool to revisit it i guess

A friend and I were at a loose end in Maidenhead a few weeks ago, and we walked into the Warhammer shop and ********ted to the chappy about the good old days. He was about my age... but never stopped playing.
Steveee
A friend and I were at a loose end in Maidenhead a few weeks ago, and we walked into the Warhammer shop and ********ted to the chappy about the good old days. He was about my age... but never stopped playing.

I wonder if he had a lot of girlfriends during the 'good old days'? :p: Only kidding! I can well imagine just how addictive it all is!
Reply 17
Clarkey_Berlin
I wonder if he had a lot of girlfriends during the 'good old days'? :p: Only kidding! I can well imagine just how addictive it all is!

A friend of mine who's considerably older than me (he's the captain of my cricket club) replied to an email of mine asking if he wanted to go bowling with: "I love bowling! I used to play in a league at Lewisham. I haven't played in about a year though. Coincidentally that's the same amount of time that I've had a girlfriend."

I scored my first ever turkey (triple strike) today.
Reply 18
Don't be harsh lads, it's a card game which some people (admitedly not me particularly) enjoy, no need to assume it says something significant about their character. A good percentage of people would do the same thing if you told them you were chatting on an internet forum!
Reply 19
Wowbagger
Don't be harsh lads, it's a card game which some people (admitedly not me particularly) enjoy, no need to assume it says something significant about their character. A good percentage of people would do the same thing if you told them you were chatting on an internet forum!

Agreed. But it does have goblins. TSR doesn't.

(Being facetious).