The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i play mtg! im doing law as well and i live in london... what kinda decks do u play? i have a goblin and burn deck (red is definitely the color!)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
london... darn.. i can't travel, coz i m from malaysia n the conversion is RM7 to 1 pound... i play all the colours, several decks. u might be interested in my green red since u like red. it's quite interesting.
Reply 3
no no im doing law in bristol
Reply 4
lolz. look forward to playing with u then. cool mon, haha, both of us doing law in bristol n play magic. i'm itching to play, no one in my small tiny hometown plays it. arrrgh! the agony. i'm extended tho, nothing from kamigawa, lolz.
Reply 5
ohh i sent you a private message
Reply 6
anyone else playing magic? sighz.
Reply 7
what is it?
Reply 8
Yeah... what is it? :confused:
Reply 9
it's a really, really, really addictive trading card game. check the website for more info, go google: magic the gathering trading card game. if u r interested i can teach u. i'm in hiatt baker, i think... i just got the email from the person, haha.
Reply 10
I've played it a few times, it's pretty fun. I certainly didn't think I'd like it my first go but you can really get into it. I'd probaly play more if I knew anyone else that did.
Reply 11
Good grief.

I mean: I know they said Bristol was 'diverse'; but really. :rolleyes:

(And in answer to your question, no, I don't.)
I used to play Magic the Gathering, then I hit 12 years old.
Reply 13
sequence123
I used to play Magic the Gathering, then I hit 12 years old.

Ditto.

Though apparently there are huge prizes in competitions nowadays. I read an article on it.

Anyway - well done MTG players. At least you're not playing Warhammer (which I played from 12 years old to 13 years old).
Reply 14
haha yeah i stopped playing when i was 12 too. but its cool to revisit it i guess
Reply 15
xmaspoop
haha yeah i stopped playing when i was 12 too. but its cool to revisit it i guess

A friend and I were at a loose end in Maidenhead a few weeks ago, and we walked into the Warhammer shop and ********ted to the chappy about the good old days. He was about my age... but never stopped playing.
Steveee
A friend and I were at a loose end in Maidenhead a few weeks ago, and we walked into the Warhammer shop and ********ted to the chappy about the good old days. He was about my age... but never stopped playing.

I wonder if he had a lot of girlfriends during the 'good old days'? :p: Only kidding! I can well imagine just how addictive it all is!
Reply 17
Clarkey_Berlin
I wonder if he had a lot of girlfriends during the 'good old days'? :p: Only kidding! I can well imagine just how addictive it all is!

A friend of mine who's considerably older than me (he's the captain of my cricket club) replied to an email of mine asking if he wanted to go bowling with: "I love bowling! I used to play in a league at Lewisham. I haven't played in about a year though. Coincidentally that's the same amount of time that I've had a girlfriend."

I scored my first ever turkey (triple strike) today.
Reply 18
Don't be harsh lads, it's a card game which some people (admitedly not me particularly) enjoy, no need to assume it says something significant about their character. A good percentage of people would do the same thing if you told them you were chatting on an internet forum!
Reply 19
Wowbagger
Don't be harsh lads, it's a card game which some people (admitedly not me particularly) enjoy, no need to assume it says something significant about their character. A good percentage of people would do the same thing if you told them you were chatting on an internet forum!

Agreed. But it does have goblins. TSR doesn't.

(Being facetious).

Latest

Trending

Trending