The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Manchester, Sheffield, Glasgow, Birmingham, Newcastle, Dundee, King's College London, etc.

If you want to be respected - - - do NOT use slang used by 12 y.o's.
Reply 2
jpm
iam lookin 4 uni 4 dentistry....any guide or help ??
n mani of them need interviews..so can any1 tell me what mine supose 2 do 4 dis?? lyk how my supose 2 prepare 4 dis...

I think he meant this:

'I am looking for university courses in dentistry. Can anyone guide me or give me some help, please?
Also, many of them require an interview, so can anyone tell me what I am supposed to do for this? For example, how am I meant to prepare for this?'

^Look, mate.
That is how you type.
Post threads like mine, in standard English, you might get some reasonable answers.

As for any advice apart from basic orthography and grammar...
You can use UCAS to search for different universities which offer dentistry.

More advice: stop trolling. :smile:
Reply 3
Hey, I'm doing dentistry too, and don't listen to all the people before giving you **** about spelling. Because, obviously, spelling doesn't matter in the world of teeth, because you're not writing about gums and toothpaste, you're a-yanking out molars, am I right!

Well, the best uni for doing dentistry is the Open Uni, which is what I did. Ignore all these other "traditional" unis - OU sends you loads of info, and - the best part - you get to practise...on yourself!! So unlike other unis, you actually get firsthand experience with the OU. Also, linked with them is a five year paid placement at one of the top dental clinics IN BRITAIN, which is located in London, with all paid accomodation and living costs.

OU also gets you amazing discounts off stuff - like 25% off food, alcohol, clothing, flights, travel, etc, and gets you FREE ENTRY into all UK and European clubs, plus 1 free drink on arrival.

Alternatively, which is something I considered doing, was just buying Dentistry for Dummies (or a book to that equivelent) because detinstry is something the UK is really in desperate need of. Therefore, loads of dentists are now just recruiting people from college - send them a letter, explaining you want to come and work there and they'll probably snap you up!

At an interview if you do go down the 'traditional' route, you will be faced with a large fake mouth. Under timed conditions, you will have to extract a tooth, clean them, etc, and you will be offered a place based on how good you are. Occasionally, you will even get a real live patient that you have to treat, and they mark you on that.

Hope this has helped!!

Oh, PS....

Learn to write properly, you retard.
Reply 4
omg that above just made me laugh so much!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Reply 5
:rofl: is this an improved thread of the other one, :congrats:

manchester, glasgow, newcastle, birmingham will do nicely :smile:
Reply 6
lilyalicelouise
Hey, I'm doing dentistry too, and don't listen to all the people before giving you **** about spelling. Because, obviously, spelling doesn't matter in the world of teeth, because you're not writing about gums and toothpaste, you're a-yanking out molars, am I right!

Well, the best uni for doing dentistry is the Open Uni, which is what I did. Ignore all these other "traditional" unis - OU sends you loads of info, and - the best part - you get to practise...on yourself!! So unlike other unis, you actually get firsthand experience with the OU. Also, linked with them is a five year paid placement at one of the top dental clinics IN BRITAIN, which is located in London, with all paid accomodation and living costs.

OU also gets you amazing discounts off stuff - like 25% off food, alcohol, clothing, flights, travel, etc, and gets you FREE ENTRY into all UK and European clubs, plus 1 free drink on arrival.

Alternatively, which is something I considered doing, was just buying Dentistry for Dummies (or a book to that equivelent) because detinstry is something the UK is really in desperate need of. Therefore, loads of dentists are now just recruiting people from college - send them a letter, explaining you want to come and work there and they'll probably snap you up!

At an interview if you do go down the 'traditional' route, you will be faced with a large fake mouth. Under timed conditions, you will have to extract a tooth, clean them, etc, and you will be offered a place based on how good you are. Occasionally, you will even get a real live patient that you have to treat, and they mark you on that.

Hope this has helped!!

Oh, PS....

Lol I got really confused by this!

Good post :biggrin:
Reply 7
lilyalicelouise
Hey, I'm doing dentistry too, and don't listen to all the people before giving you **** about spelling. Because, obviously, spelling doesn't matter in the world of teeth, ...

Oh, PS....

I LOVE YOU LILYALICELOUISE!! Pahaha!! Brilliant....

:rofl: :congrats:
Reply 8
awmckbiz
I LOVE YOU LILYALICELOUISE!! Pahaha!! Brilliant....

:rofl: :congrats:

Haha :smile: cheers m'dears x
any uni that does dentistry is good....since it is regulated...everyone does the same thing...that said, you will never be a real doctor...:biggrin:

although you may wish to write in proper english first before you consider applying for such a course in which well spoken and written english is essential
Please don't become a dentist.
Reply 11
lilyalicelouise

Hope this has helped!!

Oh, PS....

:rofl: i love you too :rofl:
My mate is going Sheffield for Dentistry and that guy is very smart, no joke and if he's going there, it must be good...plus there's only like 14 unis for Dentistry....
You want to look at teeth your whole life?
Reply 14
RoadWarrior
You want to look at teeth your whole life?

yes we do. And frankly our interests are absolutely none of your concern so why not hop back into the medicine forum :smile:
regis
yes we do. And frankly our interests are absolutely none of your concern so why not hop back into the medicine forum :smile:

Actually a lot of dentistry applicants seem to be more interested in money than anything else, so don't speak for others :smile:
Reply 16
RoadWarrior
Actually a lot of dentistry applicants seem to be more interested in money than anything else, so don't speak for others :smile:

But to make the money they'd still have to look at teeth wouldn't they?

How I love teeth :awesome:

PS OP there are only 13 unis that do dentistry in the UK, decide what teaching you'd prefer (PBL, integrated or traditional) and how far you're willing to go to study and do some research on the ones left (don't rely on the university rankings, pointless :smile:)
woozeybear
But to make the money they'd still have to look at teeth wouldn't they?

How I love teeth :awesome:

PS OP there are only 13 unis that do dentistry in the UK, decide what teaching you'd prefer (PBL, integrated or traditional) and how far you're willing to go to study and do some research on the ones left (don't rely on the university rankings, pointless :smile:)

Yes but do they really want to is what I'm asking :smile:
Reply 18
RoadWarrior
Yes but do they really want to is what I'm asking :smile:

Oh right, it's just cos the other person didn't generalise anyone but you did :p: I don't mind tbh but the people you know probably won't last if they're in it just for money..besides..what's wrong with teeth?! :p:
Reply 19
woozeybear
Oh right, it's just cos the other person didn't generalise anyone but you did :p: I don't mind tbh but the people you know probably won't last if they're in it just for money..besides..what's wrong with teeth?! :p:

exactly my words! i spoke to a friend last night and she was like "urgh teeth, why do you want to do that"
I replied to her that I would rather look in people's mouths than look where she has to look - she is a midwife! :biggrin:

Latest