The Student Room Group

Having trouble getting starter studs out!

Scroll to see replies

Well okay, let's just say that if she had it done with a needle, she wouldn't be wearing "starter studs" and thus wouldn't be having any problems at all. :smile: Starter studs are below par in quality and design - exactly why piercing guns should be banned.
Reply 21
Well, whatever. All I can say is that I think LOTS of factors affect the quality of a piercing, susceptibility to infection and problems etc and that a gun is only one of those things, rather than being an absolute 'gun = problems, needle = no problems' style dichotomy. I've just personally never heard of anyone having problems after having their ears pierced with a gun myself.
Reply 22
So ended up going down the Blue Banana route - and the woman got them out in a jiffy with no problems - didn't even hurt! She reckoned she got them off easier than me/my neighbour cuz she's professionally train/isn't worried about hurting me etc. So now i've got a nice new pair of gold studs in, that I should be able to get off myself! And the Rep goes to... Dollaleigh! Thanks all though for your suggestions!

And to... the Guns vs needles argument. Even though I know there are issues with the guns like studs and stuff, I'm still glad I had mine pierced with a gun (done at the same time too). I'm a total wuss (it took me 9 years to work up the courage to get my ears re-pierced), and frankly with a needle I would have probably only gun out with one ear pierced. The guns Claire's used were properly sterilized with a new stud 'needle' set for each person, and ear. Infection is down to whether the mode of piercing is sterilized and how YOU look after your ears. I don't think the girs were any worse at Claire's than anywhere else - the woman in charge was really good at keeping me calm even though I was super nervous... it's just a shame they don't offer proper aftercare!
I honestly don't know why I bother sometimes.
Reply 24
I got mine done at Claire's too a few months back. I had been told not to go there but I just decided to when I walked past. I couldn't get the backs off mine either, I had to get my mum to do it and it took a while.
I think one of my ears was pierced over a hole that had closed up a bit after having them pierced about 10 years ago. Anyway, that hole is now a lot bigger than the other and seems to be slightly infected even though I clean it thoroughly everyday.
Word of advice....don't go to Claire's for piercings :p:
Angelil
I wouldn't know, I'm no expert. I'd be more likely to think it was a problem related to having had her ears pierced at Claire's Accessories, where the girls who do it probably aren't trained properly, rather than being a gun problem per se. But then again, I'm no expert on the subject.

I imagine the problem stems from the way the gun rams the back onto the earring with sheer force, sometimes they are pushed too far on and get stuck. I have experienced this myself and only sheer effort and sore ears and fingers got the backs off :frown: I've never had a piercing done with a gun since.
I have the very same problem! I got mine done at F.Hinds about a year ago. I'm trying to get the butterfly back out of the ear but it won't budge! Shower? I looked up getting hot water cotten wool and replacement earrings boil the water clense hands pour water in small pot then after water has cooled get cotten wool and place and hold on front and back of earring after hold back and wiggle front of earring then it should come out after MAKE SURE you use some of the remaining clenser for your ear then get someone who has their ears pierced (Older sister,Mum,Aunt,Friend?) To put your other earrings in. Hope this helps XXX if not either we a docter or professional at it 😁😁😁 (P.S touch the earring and around it if it hurts or burns see a docter or professional immediately!) Don't worry though! Always remember all good things come with a bad and all bad comes with a good! My ear hurts too my moms coming home soon she will try if she can't I'm going to F.Hinds, Blue Banana or the differs! Mine are stuck too! :{
The same thing happened to me I just got mine pierced ears today and I want change out the back because I found it irritating because it presently as my night I slept so what I have to do was twisting back as I held the front of the earring
Reply 28
How would u break the back of like what tool would u use ?
Hi there,I know it’s 8 years later and I’m not sure if I will get a response but I am having this exact same problem!! Did you manage to get it out on the end?
Easy solution- just read this and my brother figured out a solution. Get needle nose pliers, put the ends through the swirls and while holding the front widen the back. They are tightened on there so it wouldn’t come off during your six weeks so you have to loosen the back to get it off.
Mine are the exact same any tips you have if you got them out?
Original post by Bella Occhi
Mine wouldn't come out even with my parents trying, I had to go to the doctor :p:

What did they do about it? Having the same problem.
Reply 33
No dude, i’m having the same ass problem so i searched it up, and your making it sound mad easy, it’s literally on so ****ing tight i can’t take them off for **** and i legit dk what to do cuz these hoes are on and never letting go
Reply 34
yeah literally nobody needed your opinion on what way is best to pierce, she’s seeking help to take them OFF so wtf is best to pierce with is literally so irrelevant.
Original post by Ilora-Danon
I honestly don't know why I bother sometimes.
I’m having the Same difficulty
Pretty much everyone i know has had their ears infected after getting it done with a gun. I got my done at a professional piercing place and haven’t had a single issue.Guns put a lot of trauma on the ear since the use blunt force to shove a blunt object (typically they push the earring into the line) into your lobe

They also cannot be sterilized which is why they tend to cause infection, sure you can wipe it down with a wet one but you can’t sterilize since that would involve heating the gun thus damaging it which means you also can’t put it into an autoclave

Meanwhile professional piercers who don’t use guns use a hollowed very sharp sterile needle, typically the needles are one time use but if not they are sterilized after each use. They are much less painful and instead of using blunt force to push the tissue out of the way you are actually making a hole in the ear

Overall needles are practically painless, safer, and much less prone to infection
(edited 3 years ago)
Having the same problem, I got 2 cartilage peircings done at claires. The first one was on too tight and my ear swelled so bad I couldn't grip the piercing, so I asked my mom to help and she went to pull and her fingers slipped off of the front and pulled the stud that was on the front of my ear, into my ear. My gramma had to rip the peircing through my cartilage and out the back of my ear. As for my second cartilage peircing its stuck and I'm afraid the same thing is gonna happen. How do I get it off without hurting my ear?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending