The Student Room Group

Application for resit student: Help, please? :)

Basically, I had mitigating circumstances and had to move schools to resit year 12. I'm now waiting on my second round of AS results.

This means I'm going to have these 8 AS levels when I apply (from a combination of this year and last year):

English Literature OCR
English Literature AQA B
Philosophy
Biology
History
Sociology
Critical Thinking
General Studies

I'd like to know how my application is going to be viewed.

I have two ASs in English Literature, which is obviously the same subject but different exam boards so different texts, will both my grades be taken into consideration even though it's the same subject?

Will my subjects from last year not really be looked at, I only took three subjects this year as I had some ASs from last year, is that going to disadvantage me?

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light. :yep:
Reply 1
You might be disadvantaged if you want to continue one of your original ASs to A2, as you'll have forgotten the work in a year. And your English Lit may be seen as a retake, so ask your tutor to write that it was different texts in your reference.

As long as your mitigating circumstances are explained in your reference unis should be ok with it. You could try contacting a few to ask, but it would be best to wait a bit as they'll be busy with september applications now.
Reply 2
Juno
You might be disadvantaged if you want to continue one of your original ASs to A2, as you'll have forgotten the work in a year. And your English Lit may be seen as a retake, so ask your tutor to write that it was different texts in your reference.

As long as your mitigating circumstances are explained in your reference unis should be ok with it. You could try contacting a few to ask, but it would be best to wait a bit as they'll be busy with september applications now.

Thanks for that.

I am actually thinking about continuing and resitting AS philosophy which was from my first year. :frown: Maybe it's not a good idea after all.
Reply 3
Jinxy
Thanks for that.

I am actually thinking about continuing and resitting AS philosophy which was from my first year. :frown: Maybe it's not a good idea after all.

Well it depends what you mean by resitting. If it would mean taking another year then no, it's probably not a great idea. But if you decide now then you've got 2 months or so to read over the AS work and remind yourself of it.
Reply 4
Juno
Well it depends what you mean by resitting. If it would mean taking another year then no, it's probably not a great idea. But if you decide now then you've got 2 months or so to read over the AS work and remind yourself of it.

I mean taking philosophy A2 even though I haven't done the subject for a year. Because I think I'm better at it than History.

From what I could see on the syllabus, the topics are completely different for A2, so it seems I'd only really need the skills (which I don't think will be too hard to get back). Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Latest

Trending

Trending