The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Did the first five levels of campaign today, solo legendary. It is a good difficulty level IMO, although the vehicle sections are hard.

Also started playing arena with my team. We played a few games and won all but 1, although the loss was against xtr3m gaming (one of the top teams in France) so we were not too stressed. It was 49-45 too, a good game.

It is ridiculous that there is radar in arena though as good teams will just have no incentive to push. As the score above shows, the time limit often occurs before 50 kills is even reached.
I have to say my DMR sucks atm. I just don't understand where i'm going wrong. I can shoot a guy 10 times and he won't die. Does it work the same as Halo 3 where a shot to the body does the same damage as a shot to the head and when all shields are down it's one headshot?

My needle rifle skills are quite good, usually get a 6 shot kill, sometimes a 5 shot kill.

Also, how does the AR beat down scenario work?

I AR someone, then go for the beat down and end up dead despite the other guy not putting ny shots onto me. Sometimes I have to AR someone for about 5 seconds, beat them down and then AR for another 5 seconds before they're dead. The game is really pissing me off and campain lags a lot for me. Don't know why.
Reply 302
chaz1992
I have to say my DMR sucks atm. I just don't understand where i'm going wrong. I can shoot a guy 10 times and he won't die. Does it work the same as Halo 3 where a shot to the body does the same damage as a shot to the head and when all shields are down it's one headshot?

Also, how does the AR beat down scenario work?

1. Im pretty sure the DMR works like the BR. Remember not to pulse the trigger too fast as the bloom introduces randomness. Nice and steady does it.

2. Beatdowns do not kill you unless you have NO shield. A beatdown when you have 100% shield is the same as a beatdown when you have 1% shield. Another beatdown is required to kill when there is no shield.

I reccommend avoiding beatdowns and trying to win close range firefight battles instead. If you use sprint (which you should IMO) then you can sprint-beatdown-beatdown for faster kills and you should win 1 on 1's.

Also, there is less magnetism on beatdowns so you can jump and crouch to make them miss beatdowns.
obbsidian
1. Im pretty sure the DMR works like the BR. Remember not to pulse the trigger too fast as the bloom introduces randomness. Nice and steady does it.

2. Beatdowns do not kill you unless you have NO shield. A beatdown when you have 100% shield is the same as a beatdown when you have 1% shield. Another beatdown is required to kill when there is no shield.

I reccommend avoiding beatdowns and trying to win close range firefight battles instead. If you use sprint (which you should IMO) then you can sprint-beatdown-beatdown for faster kills and you should win 1 on 1's.

Also, there is less magnetism on beatdowns so you can jump and crouch to make them miss beatdowns.

Ah, now i get the beat down trick. I guess with the DMR, i'll just have to practice.

I noticed you go warwick. I might be going there next year so i'll probably play you there :yes: .

Played Halo 3 just now and OMG- it's so different. You actually notice the difference in jump height between reach and halo 3!
Just completed Heroic campaign, makes me want to go back and play all the Halo's again. :smile: Well, the first one mostly. Was sweeet indeed, going to try it on Legendary one day.
Reply 305
wtf :frown: I completed it on heroic earlier but its not given me the weekly commendation? anyone else get that.
Reply 306
I mean weekly challenge*
That's odd I got mine.

The DMR is awesome, it's so satisfying. I much prefer it to the battle rifle there's a little more skill involved in it.
Still not sure why there are any Spartan-3s, especially talking to Halsey, when she only really found out about them AFTER Reach was glassed.
Reply 309
You guys need to buy a real gaming pc and play where all the real gamers play. Get off the crappy consoles.
Reply 310
They really did nerf the melée, which sucks for me, as my primary Halo 2 tactic was to rush up to the enemy as quick as possible for the beat down and avoid short range firefights when you're likely to be outgunned. So as you say, its about getting as many rounds on as possible now.

Playing the SWAT game type is awesome. 1 shot kill headshots and no motion sensor, sweet.
Reply 311
Is the DMR a five-shot or four-shot kill? I'm pretty sure it's the latter, or at least I hope so as I've been doing it it quite a lot.

Anyone got any tips for doing positive more often? In Team Slayer I'm pretty irregular with performances, as I seemed to be getting teamed quite a lot even though I'm cautious and use Sprint to be quite defensive. My K/D is 1.21, but I don't feel like that's good.
Reply 312
I think it's 5 shot. 4 anywhere and 1 in the head. Pistol's better for close range though.
Reply 313
Dinendal Leralonde
Still not sure why there are any Spartan-3s, especially talking to Halsey, when she only really found out about them AFTER Reach was glassed.

I flicked through the booklet you get with the limited edition when I first got it.

She says something about Noble team along the lines of: "They are Spartans, but they are clearly not mine. Are they Spartan-IIs? Are they a part of another project, or one that was piggy-backing off of my work?"

She knows they are modified and that they are Spartans, just not as good as her class of Spartans. She even notes that the guy who trained the Spartan-IIs, Mendez or whatever, is also missing.

I don't even know why I bother buying limited eds, I barely ever go through the extra content.
(edited 13 years ago)
how do u survive a sword attack? i dunno how theyre surviving my charges its meant to be one hit ko regardless right?

unless u can use armor lock for like 0.2s and then attack straight after ive no idea how its done :s-smilie:
Just got 69 kills 6 deaths playing Big Team Battle on Stockpile with a 48 killing spree. Hell yeaaah!! The next top killer on my team had 5 kills, lol!

Got my first "Unfrigginbelievable" medal for matchmaking, ahhhh that was good. :smile:

My team still lost though. :no: Bunch of fools.

(edited 13 years ago)
Cupid Stunt
Just got 69 kills 6 deaths playing Big Team Battle on Stockpile with a 48 killing spree. Hell yeaaah!! The next top killer on my team had 5 kills, lol!

Got my first "Unfrigginbelievable" medal for matchmaking, ahhhh that was good. :smile:

:redface: How?? I suck so bad at halo :emo:
Reply 317
WhySoLimey
how do u survive a sword attack? i dunno how theyre surviving my charges its meant to be one hit ko regardless right?

unless u can use armor lock for like 0.2s and then attack straight after ive no idea how its done :s-smilie:

You can parry melee attacks now by meleeing back at the exact same time they do.
Reply 318
Cupid Stunt

How come you're so far down the list?
Tabris
I flicked through the booklet you get with the limited edition when I first got it.

She says something about Noble team along the lines of: "They are Spartans, but they are clearly not mine. Are they Spartan-IIs? Are they a part of another project, or one that was piggy-backing off of my work?"

She knows they are modified and that they are Spartans, just not as good as her class of Spartans. She even notes that the guy who trained the Spartan-IIs, Mendez or whatever, is also missing.

I don't even know why I bother buying limited eds, I barely ever go through the extra content.

Well, Mendez missing is canon with the books. He was taken to Onyx to train the Spartan-IIIs. But I haven't gotten around to reading the journal yet. Been too busy playing Reach.

Quick Reply

Latest