The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

I'm noticing people who have won less matchmaking games and killed less people than me are two, three ranks above me.

Score attack whores are funny.

Also, why're they taking out the tanks in Blood Gulch? Because some lower skilled players are complaining? Ridiculous. I never use them, because I actually enjoy doing the objectives and using the DMR, but they're not that difficult to kill. Just add a Spartan Laser or Rockets in there to balance it out. I'm not pleased about Bungie listening to all the nonsensical whims of crap players. I'm going to miss my solitary side missions to destroy the enemy tank.

Also, Big Team needs more gametypes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 501
WhySoLimey
is there something wrong with my connection? its been like 3 hours saying "322 players online" and my friends stats dont load..

edit: opened my NAT and still no improvement, my upstream bandwith has gone critically low -.- god i hate bt with a passion

Dont worry man it is happening to everyone. My friend brought his xbox and screen around today and we were both connected to XBL on my connection and it said my connection was great and his was terrible but we both fine in the game.

Got my doubles arena rank today - gold, same as team arena. Im gonna try to get it to onyx and then just play fun MM and MLG.

Finally, there is speculation that there is DLC coming out before Christmas because the version of Reach shown in the weekly update has 1250 gamerscore.
God knows if this link will actually work but (hopefully) here's a screenshot from some of the TSR mongoose mayhem that went down earlier this evening on reach...

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3580393&player=Comrade%20Bob
Comrade_Jack
God knows if this link will actually work but (hopefully) here's a screenshot from some of the TSR mongoose mayhem that went down earlier this evening on reach...

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3580393&player=Comrade%20Bob

it works.

...i've only just finished campaign. :rolleyes:
Finally got to captain last night :woo:
Reply 505
Whoo, got onyx division today. Im too good at camping with shotgun and rockets in gametypes with radars lol

Ive cleared a few space in my F/L so if anyone wants to add me send a f/r to o syrinx o.
got my 7 days rated at last lol gold div in both ;o not bad when i only played less than a month of halo3 and played arena as soon as i got reach xD

and not long til lieutenant colonel grade 3 :woo: had way too much free time recently
Reply 507
cambo211
Finally got to captain last night :woo:

WO3 is the most ridic rank. It takes so long to get past it!
Tabris
WO3 is the most ridic rank. It takes so long to get past it!

66000 to get from WO3 to captain

69000 to get from captain to captain grade 3
Reply 509
cambo211
66000 to get from WO3 to captain

69000 to get from captain to captain grade 3

Yeah, I looked it up when I went from WO3 to Cap, it's a joke. It doesn't even make sense.

IIRC, it's the biggest gap between any two ranks? Until like Lt Col at least?
Tabris
Yeah, I looked it up when I went from WO3 to Cap, it's a joke. It doesn't even make sense.

Yup, purely because there's an achievement for captain.
Tabris

It's probably just cos it's tied to an achievement.
Reply 512
Farhad Z-17
Also, why're they taking out the tanks in Blood Gulch? Because some lower skilled players are complaining? Ridiculous. I never use them, because I actually enjoy doing the objectives and using the DMR, but they're not that difficult to kill. Just add a Spartan Laser or Rockets in there to balance it out. I'm not pleased about Bungie listening to all the nonsensical whims of crap players. I'm going to miss my solitary side missions to destroy the enemy tank.

This is just pure nonsense, dude.

1. If you're under the delusion that tanks are a mere minor inconvenience, you've clearly never played against anyone who can actually use their thumbs.

You attack that thing on foot and so long as the driver's got a tenth of his wits about him, he'll kill you. Sprint, Jet Pack, Armour Lock, it's all essentially useless, given how open and massive the map is. Attack with a warthog? You're just a walking, talking double kill. Heck, I've seen a tank take down a ghost and two fully armed warthogs and get a killtacular for it. He didn't even move the tank.

There's a reason they were rarely in matchmaking in Halo 3, and that reason remains true for Reach. There are copious amounts of videos which I'm not going to find for you that back me up. As a power weapon 'spawn' in Invasion Slayer it works quite well, but the long and short of it is that the Scorpion should be relegated to single-player/private match only.

2. Do your research. They're not removing the tanks period. They're switching the Scorpions for Wraiths. So you can still lone-wolf the tank, if that's your predispositon.

3. Do not assume that those of us annoyed by the tanks on Hemmorhage are 'lower skilled'.

4. Were it not for Bungie listening to the 'nonsensical whims' of players, there'd be no SWAT, no Slayer DMRs, no Team Snipers...no Grifball...the list goes on. Part of what makes Halo so very good is that Bungie do listen to their playerbase, because at the end of the day, we're the ones who have to play the bloody thing. Do not lament this fact.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 513
cambo211
Yup, purely because there's an achievement for captain.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
Jayk

This is the only part of this post I have a problem with, come back Jayk!!!
Reply 515
Lol, lost my onyx in doubles but got it in team arena.

Finally got captain after about 15 games of score attack over the last 2 days.

Also, I played Reach on LAN a bit on Monday and I have to say it rocks. MLG settings on LAN are really fun and while the DMR is still a bit random it is 10x better than online.
Reply 516
Haven't played much lately either, and haven't felt playing today since it's my birthday. Not rushing to rank up to Lt. Colonel as Bungie haven't raised the cap yet.

Also, totally agree with removing the Scorpion: completely ruins Hemorrhage.
Reply 517
Comrade_Jack
This is the only part of this post I have a problem with, come back Jayk!!!

To this wretched hive of scum and villainy? Mebe :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Just got skullimanjaro :woo:
Reply 519
F*** me Legendary solo is hard! Half way through now, and even though the challenge is good you really do have to take things slow.

Quick Reply

Latest