The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I've not been playing Halo 3, have started playing the ODST campaign again though... My xbox live has died and I don't wish to renew my subscription until I get Reach...

You know the credit card I last used expired recently and Live was on auto-renew (I'd forgotten to turn it off) so now they've suspended my account until I put in new card details - as opposed to letting me just cancel my Gold for a bit... Cheeky buggers...
Reply 101
Aeon Prince
damn im gonna get owned in reach. I went on halo 3 after like 2 years. I thought i could do well coz I play Mw2 damn i got raped. I tried using the BR cause ithought thats what the pros use and i could only get a few kills with it=[ then i picked up a sniper and thought i could rape with this coz im good at sniping in mw2. Nah i got raped whilst using the sniper too =[
Btw any idea what sensitivity i should play on? On mw2 i play on 6 and when i went on halo 3 everything felt a bit weird and kind of sluggish.

I have 5 on MW2, and something around 6-7 on H3.

The first game I had back on H3 after a 2 year hiatus was a TeamSWAT where my team decided to leave. I drew in a 1 v 4 :woo: :woo:

Reach is easy though, if the BETA is anything to go by. It's not like team-raping easy like MW2, but it's easy enough to do well without much effort.
Tabris

The first game I had back on H3 after a 2 year hiatus was a TeamSWAT where my team decided to leave. I drew in a 1 v 4 :woo: :woo:

Reach is easy though, if the BETA is anything to go by. It's not like team-raping easy like MW2, but it's easy enough to do well without much effort.

I use 7 for halo 3, but there are plenty of people I know who can beat me that just stick with the default that I find infuriatingly slow.

I don't think it's necessarily more difficult to win in swat if you're outnumbered, it's basically 1 shot kills and you have more targets to aim at :p:
Reply 103
Comrade_Jack
I use 7 for halo 3, but there are plenty of people I know who can beat me that just stick with the default that I find infuriatingly slow.

I don't think it's necessarily more difficult to win in swat if you're outnumbered, it's basically 1 shot kills and you have more targets to aim at :p:

Probably not, but it was my first game back after 2 years. It felt like quite a good achievement seeing as I was rusty as hell and outnumbered. Plus they had 4x the firepower :smile:
G8D
To order the console or not...

Yes. I have gone for it and even if I don't like it, it will have re-sale value, especially the controllers:smile: Life is too short to not waste money on halo:biggrin:
Reply 105
Tabris

SWAT is perhaps my fave playlist.

I agree that Reach is easier, thoigh I would like to say that I got better. I've found that with each Halo game I've got better, though perhaps I'm degrading myslef considering H1 was considered the most skill-orientated.
I'm stuck between buying a Slim 4gb 360 and a preowned Elite and I'm running out of time. :sigh:
Reply 107
JonCha
SWAT is perhaps my fave playlist.

I agree that Reach is easier, thoigh I would like to say that I got better. I've found that with each Halo game I've got better, though perhaps I'm degrading myslef considering H1 was considered the most skill-orientated.

Skill wise, it is generally considered that when using competitive gametypes (ie. MLG settings and maps):

Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 3

Halo Reach is looking to be more skill orientated than Halo 3, and should have a greater skill gap than Halo 3.
What are people Halo 3 MLG levels? I think mines 40 general atm, haven't played it in a while.
I still need to do that one vidmaster achievement where everyone completes the final level in 4 player online co-op in ghosts. Should probably concentrate on the dissertation I have to hand in on the 14th though...
Reply 110
Tayla13
Skill wise, it is generally considered that when using competitive gametypes (ie. MLG settings and maps):

Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 3

Halo Reach is looking to be more skill orientated than Halo 3, and should have a greater skill gap than Halo 3.

Wow, ive just looked at your username and realized id seen it before, on h3f.eu. Im obbsidian on there too, I dont post a massive amount though.

Im pretty good at halo 3, my levels are

T slayer 50
T doubles 50
T SWAT 50
T snipers 48
MLG 48
LW 47
MythicBrawl 44

Im looking to get a 45+ in TeamThrowback this weekend, add o syrinx o if you are very good and want to play.
Reply 111
obbsidian
Im looking to get a 45+ in TeamThrowback this weekend, add o syrinx o if you are very good and want to play.

I was going to send you a FR, but I wouldn't class myself as a "very good" (especially when you have to play lying down because of back surgery).
JonCha
I was going to send you a FR, but I wouldn't class myself as a "very good"

yeah thats why I didnt too :biggrin:
Reply 113
Heres a question. Do the things we earned/bought in the beta carry over?
Reply 114
Witchita
Heres a question. Do the things we earned/bought in the beta carry over?

Nope, everyone starts fresh on launch, even those wh get their game 3 or 4 days early.
Reply 115
Tathrim
Nope, everyone starts fresh on launch, even those wh get their game 3 or 4 days early.

Thats a shame. I think I might get the mad webcam helmit thing first :biggrin:
stupid fecking bt/isp/dad had better get their act together and fix our internet before 14th :mad:

245 ping
0.32 download
0.28 upload
Reply 117
You think thats bad? My ISP has this thing called 'accelleration' where if you use too much (and by too much they mean about 200mb a day) then slow your internet speed down even though your paying for 'unlimited'. Goes from about 0.5 down to 0.1 down if your lucky. Whats worse is they have a monopoly here
Reply 118
I think I may have to finally replace my 2005 launch 360 with the Reach console...
Reply 119
G8D
Cortana dies.

:rofl: :lol: :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest