The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Me neither. I have a formative on Monday that I want to have a good swing at. :tongue:

Didn't want to play with you guys anyway :pierre:
Two new montages from Kampy this week, it is a good week. I don't follow many gameplay based YouTube channels but Kampy's videos always give me an urge to play some Halo.

Scumbag Microsoft, taking down their own studio's content.

I saw the vid prior to its deletion though, lots of awesome stuff.
Original post by G8D
Question about original Halo on the PC.

Are the PC and Mac versions LAN compatible? Also, does the Mac version still function or newer OS versions?

EDIT: the answer is yes, after an update.

I can't seem to find anywhere with this info, but I too am interested :holmes:

Any idea where it can be downloaded legally?
Can't wait for halo 4!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Might have some time for Halo 4, but little given assignments and exams. However, we should do a co-op campaign playthrough of Halo 3 and/or Reach this week or next (before moving onto a playthrough of Halo 4).
I'd be down for that; would prefer Reach campaign - I've only played through that once, whereas I've played through H3's tons of times.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Might have some time for Halo 4, but little given assignments and exams. However, we should do a co-op campaign playthrough of Halo 3 and/or Reach this week or next (before moving onto a playthrough of Halo 4).

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I'd be down for that; would prefer Reach campaign - I've only played through that once, whereas I've played through H3's tons of times.

My schedule's pretty cramped this week with an exam, two uni deadlines and more write ups from the EA thing, but I'll be down for that from next Monday onwards most likely. Either game's fine by me, I still need to finish both on legendary on my current Live account.
Playing Halo for the first time in ages.

The feeling of a fresh sniper. :coma:
Reply 1408

Honestly, I think Spartan Ops is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

The advertising campaign compared to Remember Reach or Believe/Finish the Fight seems rather weak, in my opinion. Forward Unto Dawn and the ViDocs do make up for it somewhat though, but you have to go out of your way to watch them.

:coma:

2 assignments due 21st November and exams on 3rd and 13th December. I reckon I can fit this in a bit.

2 assignments due 21st November and exams on 3rd and 13th December. I reckon I can fit this in a bit.

My deadlines are all over this week, perfect timing :colone: I'll end up spending next week writing game reviews instead XD
Reply 1411
^Where are you guys pre-ordering from?

I'm still not sure which place has the best bonuses.

Edit: Just noticed the Shop-To.

I'll probably leave it until Christmas. God knows if I get it before then, I'll only use it to procrastinate. I want in-depth analyses, guys. NO SPOILERS. :tongue:

Original post by Tabris
^Where are you guys pre-ordering from?

I'm still not sure which place has the best bonuses.

Edit: Just noticed the Shop-To.

Shop-to is normally the cheapest, and sometimes delivers 2 days before the release date if you order early enough, but that time has probably passed.
Reply 1414
Ordered my copy :smile:

Not going to lie though, I'm not keen on the idea of weapons not being around. One of the things I like about Halo is that it's as close to a classic arena shooter as you can get in modern times, and it kept it apart from generic modern military shooter with classes and perks. Not keen on preset loadouts and this ordinance drop malarkey.

But who knows, it could turn out to be rather fitting.
(edited 11 years ago)
Metacritic score of 91 apparently. The gameplay I've seen is getting me excited. The Mantis and the Railgun :thumbsup:
Reply 1416
:excited:
So excited :eek:
Awesome Halo 4 is coming out. The graphics are sweet, way better than Cod in my opinion. Halo 3's campaign was awesome and i imagined Reach's too (didn't play the campaign on reach, there was no master chief) .

Who else agrees?
Reply 1419
I'll probably pick it up around Christmas or after the January loan - don't have much time to game these days, have Borderlands 2 to get through before getting my hands on Dishonored and ACIII... aaah.

Quick Reply

Latest