- Story wraps around the multiplayer experience for the first time in the franchise.
- Players now control Spartan IV’s, which promise to be just as powerful as Master Chief.
- There is a reason why red and blue soldiers are killing each other.
- Beyond the typical cosmetic customization options, players will be able to augment their Spartan IV’s abilities and weapon loadouts, altering their gameplay styles for the first time.
A lot of focus has gone into giving players a better sense of weight.
- Audio design has been much improved and really gives a player a sense of where shots are coming from.
- Maps have been built from the ground-up.
- Two maps have been announced so far: War House and Wrap Around.
- War House takes place in a civilian manufacturing plant that is travelling in a near space orbit above a gas giant.
- Wrap Around is a small slayer style arena, set in a Forerunner facility, that contains catwalks, ramps, and plenty of man-cannons to keep the action fast and frantic.
Yeah, I don't like the sound of perks. I prefer the traditonal distinction of only bringing your skill to an even battlefield. But I suppose they feel compelled to keep up with changing gaming trends. It has the potential to be cool though.