The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amwazicles
:eek: There was some of that in my aunt's house this week because her daughter was visiting from canada! :tongue:

I'd better give it a wide berth for fear of starting an addiction I can't fuel.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'd better give it a wide berth for fear of starting an addiction I can't fuel.

:teehee:
All this discussion is a pointless exercise anyway.

Moffat is going to reveal how he survived in a way that takes very little from what we've already seen. We haven't got all the information and he's going to add something that we didn't know was there to make it work.

Just like he did with Doctor Who.

And even if he doesn't - you are all going to be disappointed anyway. The excitement of the discussion will outshine the inevitable underwhelming reveal.

Ashes to Ashes made me this cynical. :angry:
Original post by pinkpenguin
And even if he doesn't - you are all going to be disappointed anyway. The excitement of the discussion will outshine the inevitable underwhelming reveal.

Ashes to Ashes made me this cynical. :angry:

^
the doctor who ending made me cynical too x) however, the bee gees completely restored my faith in the genius of the moffat/gatiss mind palace :smile:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Whatever he was doing, it enabled him just to slip the cuffs off quite casually in the journalist's flat. There's a similar scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? when Roger is handcuffed to Bob Hoskins and then just wriggles free. Hoskins asks if he's been able to do that all along, and Roger says no, only when it's funny.

Nah, he picked the lock of the handcuffs in Kitty's flat. Handcuff locks are extremely easy to pick.
Original post by Luceria
Would the bags in the truck be enough to make Sherlock survive the fall? Seems pretty risky.

The truck isn't that close to the building.
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1/sherlock7.jpg

From that height, it would be reasonably easy to make up the distance, to the extent that overshooting might well be a worry. Also, if the bags were prepared to be full of some soft material like crash mats then the fall would be safe as long as you landed properly. All in all, it's not entirely implausible.
Original post by Bobifier
From that height, it would be reasonably easy to make up the distance, to the extent that overshooting might well be a worry. Also, if the bags were prepared to be full of some soft material like crash mats then the fall would be safe as long as you landed properly. All in all, it's not entirely implausible.

Must be said that we saw him go off the edge, and he wasn't jumping, he leant forwards and fell pretty much vertically. :dontknow:

/devil's advocate
Must be said that we saw him go off the edge, and he wasn't jumping, he leant forwards and fell pretty much vertically. :dontknow:

/devil's advocate

Yes, that's what I thought too. I don't know.
Reply 2088

But he didn't propel himself from the building, he literally just fell forward.

/devil's advocate

Whilst I would agree with you, we also saw the falling person hit the ground and die, so we perhaps have to accept that something we saw wasn't entirely true :tongue:
Maybe he's dead, and we're all hallucinating :fyi:
Whilst I would agree with you, we also saw the falling person hit the ground and die, so we perhaps have to accept that something we saw wasn't entirely true :tongue:

Yeah fair enough. :tongue: I'm giving up trying to figure it out, I have faith in Moffat/Gatiss to create a satisfactory start to Series 3 :biggrin:
Crap. Just saw this, I swear I got closer to crying than while I watched the bloody episode.

Reply 2093
Yeah fair enough. :tongue: I'm giving up trying to figure it out, I have faith in Moffat/Gatiss to create a satisfactory start to Series 3 :biggrin:

The explanation to start the second series wasn't great though :s-smilie: Not knowing how big the blast radius would be, why would you let Moriarty walk out with snipers still on you?
Original post by Hopple
The explanation to start the second series wasn't great though :s-smilie: Not knowing how big the blast radius would be, why would you let Moriarty walk out with snipers still on you?

Hmm, perhaps. To be honest, I don't go in for super-realism in TV anyway. I mean, it's good to know it's been thought about, but I'd choose a satisfying plot development over a perfectly realistic one any day. :tongue:
Original post by Hopple

Maybe people find it harder to make considered decisions when deciding under pressure of gunfire whether to blow up everyone in the vicinity, certainly yourself, possibly your enemy.
Reply 2096
Hmm, perhaps. To be honest, I don't go in for super-realism in TV anyway. I mean, it's good to know it's been thought about, but I'd choose a satisfying plot development over a perfectly realistic one any day. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm not too fussed. After all, I watched Crank 2 after seeing the end of the first film XD They'll probably have a better explanation for the fall since they already had series 3 commissioned, whereas they didn't know if there'd be a second at the end of the first series, though I doubt they'll be able to cover everything without some people going :unimpressed:

Maybe people find it harder to make considered decisions when deciding under pressure of gunfire whether to blow up everyone in the vicinity, certainly yourself, possibly your enemy.

Who, Sherlock? It's still a maybe though, hardly the most reasonable action to take :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think that the cyclist bashing into him (watson) had something to do with it and he got the girl to help with the rest.
Reply 2098
I rewatched the episode last night and what I still don't get is the whole thing with Sherlock saying that he doesn't have to jump if he has moriarty to call off the killers. Why did he do that if he knew he had to jump, as he already had his plan prepared?
Original post by sheep_go_baa
This may have already been posted since this thread moves faster than Sherlock's trail of thought, but there are some interesting ideas on this site, many of which have been suggested in this thread:

http://channelhopping.onthebox.com/2012/01/17/how-did-sherlock-cheat-death-10-great-theories/

Good link :yy:

I quite liked one of the user's comment......

"1) The important thing with anything of this nature is to not assume that the time frame presented is the actual time frame of how things happened!

2) Wondering a lot about whether Moriarty’s body is still on the roof of St Barts.

3) Didn’t like the fact that the writers never let the audience catch up with Sherlock in this episode. We don’t know lots of things about what he was thinking and doing in this episode. Audience knowledge often goes out of sync with the characters in thrillers/crime stories but has to come back at some point or what’s the point?"

:awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest