The Student Room Group

Top five best looking unis

Scroll to see replies

Alexdurrant7
And what might they be?

Well, it's listed, obviously, so they've had some issues updating it - about 90% of the rooms on campus are en suite now, but they can't do this for Founder's so the rooms look a little tired, and you need to be close to the library to get internet access.

But more worrying is its (supposed) status as the second most flammable building in the country. Legend has it, when they were building it they decided to insulate it with straw, but mice kept on eating it. So they soaked it in paraffin to deter them...

It has 4 floors of accomodation, and it's said that if the fire alarm goes off and you're on the top floor, you might as well stay where you are, as the fire will spread sufficiently quickly that you don't stand a chance of getting out!
Reply 81
London met.

Reply 82
pws2501

Bangor Uni?

:five:

Let's have some more Bangor love :love:

OK, the halls accommodation aren't exactly the prettiest (OK, they're downright ugly and the new buildings are even worse), but you can't beat sitting on your bed watching the sunrise over Snowdonia :p:
Reply 83
RedRevolver
Lancaster's actually quite nice...the campus isn't brilliant, but it's right next door to the Lake District, and personally, I think the actual city of Lancaster is very pretty (it's made mainly out of sandstone).

For example:

The campus is not that bad really

and one of the city:
I'm going to have to be completely biased towards my uni :biggrin:

Reply 85

Kings College I think it is, the one that looks like Hogwarts :biggrin:
Reply 87
Queen's Belfast :wink:
the dreaming spires :smile:

the whole town is just gorgeous

Reply 89
Sex Panther

Senate House deserves an honourable mention for being Nazi central...

Is that rumour actually true?

Senate House's Art deco design :sogood:

Have you seen my pic of the interior? :sogood:
Reply 90
coffee&cigarettes
the whole town is just gorgeous

Even Blackbird Leys?
Reply 91
draikzer

:sogood: Do I get to use that library as a UoL student? Or do UCL students seen on campus get beaten up on sight lol?
Reply 92
River85
Alnwick castle was used for some exterior scenes (when they are playing Quidditch). A digitally altered picture of Durham castle and cathedral were used for the exterior shot.

Interior scenes were filmed in Durham castle (as well as other places like Oxford).

yeh, the dining hall section, was filmed at Christ Church, in oxford uni
Bslforever
Imperial for reelz.

finally someone with some sense!
Reply 94
S.R
:sogood: Do I get to use that library as a UoL student? Or do UCL students seen on campus get beaten up on sight lol?

Haha! I'm not sure... I think it is UoL students, but only KCL students can take books out? They explained it on open day but i was too busy staring at the prettynessss.
RedRevolver
Lancaster's actually quite nice...the campus isn't brilliant, but it's right next door to the Lake District, and personally, I think the actual city of Lancaster is very pretty (it's made mainly out of sandstone).

For example:

err...that maybe so but you will realise how boring this place is. i can't wait till october when i can finally leave this place and go to uni.

dont get me wrong, i think its a beautiful place, and i loved growing up here. but it is so boring
Reply 96
S.R
Even Blackbird Leys?

lol, how du know about BBL?
Reply 97
S.R

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/iss/visitors/library/admit/unilondon.html I'm thinking by that page you can use it!!!

Apparently it's an AMAZING place to study, so quiet in that room, and has like meeting rooms too for group work.
Reply 98
Hogwarts... no doubt.
Reply 99
River85

/pedantic arse.

I tried to campaigning for Cardiff, Glasgow and Newcastle (Newcastle's original campus with the quadrangle and the city centre is lovely). Cardiff has white, neo-classical buildings. Most inherited from the council, I think.

If I am incorrect and you are referring to architecture departments then ignore me, But it might be worth editing Oxford out of your original post.

If you were incorrect.. we could have just highjacked it from him, but thankfully he has good taste (sometimes :P)

and pedantic.. not at all, I was actually thinking something completely different.

Not where I am going but still very beautiful

This is a much better link to see it

http://bit.ly/bLVadf

RedRevolver
One thing I'll say for this thread is that it's refreshing seeing so many people appreciating good architecture, modern or earlier. :smile:

:yep:

S.R
1) You know as grand emperor and creator of this thread I did stipulate London was to be counted as one.....

2) anyway doesn't anyone here think the inside of Senate House looks like a scene from the game BioShock?

1) shhh

2) Looks like it to me, but its been awhile

nulli tertius
I forgot Stirling

OMG.. That looks like a place on Vancouver Island.. will see if I can find a pic of it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending