The Student Room Group

Has the black race have a musical advantage?

The music of Africans have always been more vibrant and automatically seemed more enjoyable to listen to. I understand that music from other parts from the world have their qualities but at the end of the day, music is for enjoyment and it doesn't get better then "black" music.

even with African-Americans you get:

Blues
Jazz
Soul
Gospel
Hip-Hop
RnB

My question is:

Are black people better when it comes to music? and what can even compare?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MolotovCocktail.
The music of Africans have always been more vibrant and automatically seemed more enjoyable to listen to. I understand that music from other parts from the world have their qualities but at the end of the day, music is for enjoyment and it doesn't get better then "black" music.

even with African-Americans you get:

Blues
Jazz
Soul
Gospel
Hip-Hop
RnB

My question is:

Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin...
Reply 2
I fail to see how having a massive cock makes you a better musician.
Reply 3
MolotovCocktail.

My question is:

Yes they are the top when it comes to music, Grime,Rap,Bashment,Hip Hop,King Of Pop Jacko, The best artists in those categories are black its safe to say without these artists I wouldn't have any on their songs on my iPhone.

It's a shame though people criticize me for the music I listen to because its majority black music its them that can't see how good their music is.
White people make great music too:

Rock (which covers a huge range including: Heavy, Soft, Progressive)
Metal (again covering a huge range such as Death Metal, Thrash, Prog, Heavy)
Country
Folk
House
Trance
Punk
Grunge
Classical
Baroque
Romantic

I don't think it makes a difference if you're black or white.... some people are great at music... others are not.
BlueLips
Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin...

That stuff is all sophisticated and nice in certain circumstances but you can't dance or enjoy yourself to that?!

'Black Music' would trump that anyday, come on!
BS question.

What about rock music, classical, opera which were all invented by whites? and please no ******** about enjoyment, or how classical music is gay. Music taste cannot be anything other than relative.
Welsh_insomniac
White people make great music too:

Rock (which covers a huge range including: Heavy, Soft, Progressive)
Metal (again covering a huge range such as Death Metal, Thrash, Prog, Heavy)
Country
Folk
House
Trance
Punk
Grunge
Classical
Baroque
Romantic

I don't think it makes a difference if you're black or white.... some people are great at music... others are not.

Someone correct me if I am rock but is it true that rock actually came from rock and roll which was, in itself, a derivative of african american music?
hmm... so black persons' only contribution to the world is music?
MolotovCocktail.
That stuff is all sophisticated and nice in certain circumstances but you can't dance or enjoy yourself to that?!

'Black Music' would trump that anyday, come on!

This is another idiotic statement. The only people who will tell you classical music are those pseudo intellectual jackasses who somehow believe fingering an artform will make them seem cultured. As someone who has a surprisingly high amount of classical music on his ipod I would definitely say Beethoven's ninth or vide cor meum is no more sophisticated than an RnB piece.
Reply 10
Who gives a ****? Music is bloody music
Reply 11
The answer is yes.
rajandkwameali
hmm... so black persons' only contribution to the world is music?

This thread was a waste of time, not because of the subject being discussed but because I knew racists like yourself would come with their pitchforks faster than I could say the N word. Seriously, what is your problem with blacks?
Also to the OP there is no racially based genetic advantage to making good music, yes there is little doubt that african americans have contributed heavily to todays mainstream sounds but we must not forget the wealth of great international music there is out there. You also have to note that music is an artform, which in itself is a physical expression of emotional output which is subjective. There will be people who love metal and hate hip hop and vise versa.
Reply 14
LOL your genre list is crap, you forgot about dancehall!!!!!!!!

e.g

although i must admit, those latinos are doing well you know:

e.g

Rimipie
LOL your genre list is crap, you forgot about dancehall!!!!!!!!

LOL, dancehall is for inbred degenerates and latino's are incredibly irritating in their desperation to differentiate themselves as a race when pretty much every facet of their north american identity is taken from black subculture.
Reply 16
Genesis Theory
This is another idiotic statement. The only people who will tell you classical music are those pseudo intellectual jackasses who somehow believe fingering an artform will make them seem cultured. As someone who has a surprisingly high amount of classical music on his ipod I would definitely say Beethoven's ninth or vide cor meum is no more sophisticated than an RnB piece.

That is a bold statement.

I shall not comment n this thread any further to be honest apart from saying:

"white music" is an oxymoronic statement :teehee:
I agree.
White people should be forced to work picking cotton on plantations as they're good for nothing and have tiny penises.
Yes including Justin Beaver.
Is this going to be a 'blacks' are better than 'whites' thread and vice verser? If it is, it is just pointless...both race have contributed music in equal amount.
Because musical taste is subjective...personally I don't think we can compare genres.
Reply 19
I'm not sure if they have an advantage in terms of music. But they do have a huge advantage in sprinting and *******.

Latest

Trending

Trending