The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Damned blacks with them makin music and takin our jerbs and driving badly and talking in those funny accents whilst working at my local corner store...
NoFunnyBusiness
If it wasn't for the last sentence, I'd have said you were an imbecile. But true it depends on nurture

If you only read the first sentence then i'd have to say your the imbecile, point is by making claims like that people can get into a habit of not only pointing out what a race is good at, but what its also bad at.
Reply 62
Welsh_insomniac
White people make great music too:

Rock (which covers a huge range including: Heavy, Soft, Progressive)
Metal (again covering a huge range such as Death Metal, Thrash, Prog, Heavy)
Country
Folk
House
Trance
Punk
Grunge
Classical
Baroque
Romantic

I don't think it makes a difference if you're black or white.... some people are great at music... others are not.

House is black music. Developed from black chicago discos.
+ polarity -
:cry2: I just wasted my rep

:slap:

Yo, hey, I might be 5'0" now :hand: I haven't checked recently.

Awww I think you're even cooler now that I know how tall you are!

I think my constant adoration of how cool you are is becoming slighty creepy now... :getmecoat:
Reply 64
[QUOTE="Splodger"]

Splodger
It's a shame though people criticize me for the music I listen to because its majority black music its them that can't see how good their music is.

You know I was once criticised by some meathead for liking "white man's music" because I listen to Jazz. What an idiot.
Doughnuts!!
Awww I think you're even cooler now that I know how tall you are!

I think my constant adoration of how cool you are is becoming slighty creepy now... :getmecoat:

Well, thanks. :biggrin:

Nah, I've seen much creepier people on TSR. Much creepier. In fact, you're vanilla in comparison. :gthumb:
+ polarity -
Well, thanks. :biggrin:

Nah, I've seen much creepier people on TSR. Much creepier. In fact, you're vanilla in comparison. :gthumb:

No worries... You're a pretty cool guy and I totally can identify with you in many aspects :biggrin:

Phew! Thought I was getting a bit too stalkerish there.
White people make good music too. :cry2:

MolotovCocktail.
That stuff is all sophisticated and nice in certain circumstances but you can't dance or enjoy yourself to that?!

'Black Music' would trump that anyday, come on!

I beg to differ. Chopin is famed for his valses.
+ polarity -

:sigh:, as you would say.

:lol:

hahah, that line of lil wayne's is just :rofl:
LOOOOOOOOOOOL without black music i would just be listening to ryan adams desire... and you know how booring that would get at some point... so yea black artist are more of a lyrical ''genious''
MolotovCocktail.
The music of Africans have always been more vibrant and automatically seemed more enjoyable to listen to. I understand that music from other parts from the world have their qualities but at the end of the day, music is for enjoyment and it doesn't get better then "black" music.

even with African-Americans you get:

Blues
Jazz
Soul
Gospel
Hip-Hop
RnB

My question is:

Are black people better when it comes to music? and what can even compare?

You forgot these creators:

Rock and Roll (Little Richard)
Heavy Metal (Jimi Hendrix)
Reply 72
MolotovCocktail.
That stuff is all sophisticated and nice in certain circumstances but you can't dance or enjoy yourself to that?

Well, you can't dance like you've just gained epilepsy I guess, but you can still "dance" to it (and indeed "enjoy" it at the same time). Usually because the "sophisticated" stuff actually requires a degree of talent, whereas anyone can mix a few tracks together and add some beats to it. Of course, the Hendrix's and - if we're including so-called "whites" in the modern musical scene too - Dylans are a special breed, but to claim that the likes of 'Lil' John' or 'Snoop Dogg' even come close to their talents (let alone Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven etc.) would be a complete and utter joke.

To summarise, don't categorise music by the colour of one's skin. A lot of 'black music' is brilliant, a lot of it is utter *****. A lot of 'white music' is brilliant, a lot of it is utter *****. Stupid thread.
White people didn't create rock, they just copied it from Funky Time.
The beatles are white and I think theyre classed as the greatest musical act of all time therefore white people rule in the history of music.
Doc(1/cosC)
LOOOOOOOOOOOL without black music i would just be listening to ryan adams desire... and you know how booring that would get at some point... so yea black artist are more of a lyrical ''genious''

Ironic.
qasman
Damned blacks with them makin music and takin our jerbs and driving badly and talking in those funny accents whilst working at my local corner store...

I was under the impression that bad driving and working in corner stores tended to be stereotypical sub-continental asian traits.
The best rapper alive is white.

Period.
pinda.college
The best rapper alive is white.

Period.

If you say Eminem I swear to God I'm ROFLing
Jackthevillain
The beatles are white and I think theyre classed as the greatest musical act of all time therefore white people rule in the history of music.

It can be argued that a African American has the biggest selling album of all time

Latest

Trending

Trending