rajandkwameali
This is my freedom (as per the link on the start page):

- Legalise all drugs
- Halve taxes
- Leave NATO
- Lessen anti-discrimination laws

All these impinge on my freedom.

- I agree with you on drugs
- Halving taxes is not possible now, or ever, without a huge drop in public spending to the police, defense, NHS, welfare etc. I am in favour of a smaller government but that is far too extreme.
- Why leave NATO?
- Again why lessen anti-discrimination laws?
NATO is not good for our interests. And businessowners should be free to hire/fire on any basis they want.
rajandkwameali
NATO is not good for our interests. And businessowners should be free to hire/fire on any basis they want.

Why is NATO not good for our interests?

People should not be put at a disadvantage in the job market for their race, religion, gender, sexuality and so on. If some employers can not be trusted to treat everyone fairly then they need to be forced to.
Reply 4
Silly thread
DaveSmith99
Why is NATO not good for our interests?

Because it can drag us into foreign wars.

People should not be put at a disadvantage in the job market for their race, religion, gender, sexuality and so on. If some employers can not be trusted to treat everyone fairly then they need to be forced to.

Why? A business belongs to its owners, and on that basis they hold the right to choose who works there.
rajandkwameali
Because it can drag us into foreign wars.

We seem pretty good at doing that on our own.

Why? A business belongs to its owners, and on that basis they hold the right to choose who works there.

And they can do as long as they have valid reasons. "I dont like black people" Is not a valid reason.
It's perfectly valid. It's about economic freedom.
Well, I don't think leaving NATO has any implication on freedom, it's a mutual defence pact, but I agree with you on the others.

What you have to remember is that a company is private property. The premises, the equipment and the money all belongs to someone, and implicit in that ownership is that they may do with it whatever they want. If they are forced to employ someone who they do not wish to (paying them their money, allowing someone onto their property, etc.) for whatever reason, then that right is clearly infringed. Now, you may not like the reason why they refused to employ someone, but to be honest who gives a toss what you think, it's none of your business.

And tax is theft, and should be kept as low as possible.
Reply 9
"My Freedom"

1. Option for Sharia Law for muslims
2. Ban racist/Nazi groups like BNP/EDL
3. A muslim political party
4. End occupation of Iraq/Afganistan and all other muslim countries
5. Ban on homosexuality in public and media
6. More rights for ethnic minorities
7. Ban smoking in public places
8. Increase aid to Africa and Asia
9. Holiday for all muslims for ramadan and eid
10. Death sentence for murders and paedos
People hold the right to be racist. And if there are Islamic holidays, then there should be holidays for Hindus and Jews also.
ajtiesto
"My Freedom"

1. Option for Sharia Law for muslims
2. Ban racist/Nazi groups like BNP/EDL
3. A muslim political party
4. End occupation of Iraq/Afganistan and all other muslim countries
5. Ban on homosexuality in public and media
6. More rights for ethnic minorities
7. Ban smoking in public places
8. Increase aid to Africa and Asia
9. Holiday for all muslims for ramadan and eid
10. Death sentence for murders and paedos

Most of the things on that list result in people having less freedom. I don't like extremists like the BNP, but banning them is an infringement of their civil liberties. And how on earth are numbers 5 and 7 meant to give people more freedom?
Legalise rape..it's just surprise sex and everyone loves sex..suggested that to the site so hopefully Nick Clegg will act on it soon..:yep:
Reply 13
Great Lord Xenu
Most of the things on that list result in people having less freedom. I don't like extremists like the BNP, but banning them is an infringement of their civil liberties. And how on earth are numbers 5 and 7 meant to give people more freedom?

Like what? But why was Islam4UK banned? They're weren't extremists, they just opposed the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, promote and invite non muslims to learn about Islam peacefully. The BNP however want to deport all non white people even those that were born here, deny the holocoaust happened, etc. They've shared a platform with many Nazi groups including the KKK. Homosexuality should not be promoted and encouraged in public and media because creates confusion and a bad influence on the vunerable. Smoking is a health hazzard to the public and it benefits the smokers too who may decide to quit or think of quitting.
ajtiesto
Like what? But why was Islam4UK banned? They're weren't extremists, they just opposed the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, promote and invite non muslims to learn about Islam peacefully. The BNP however want to deport all non white people even those that were born here, deny the holocoaust happened, etc. They've shared a platform with many Nazi groups including the KKK. Homosexuality should not be promoted and encouraged in public and media because creates confusion and a bad influence on the vunerable. Smoking is a health hazzard to the public and it benefits the smokers too who may decide to quit or think of quitting.

Why impose more restrictions on smokers? If you want to ban anything that's dangerous, why not also ban base jumping? They're only endangering themselves.
Banning homosexuality in public is just prejudice against a minority, and is just as bad as the BNP being racist against muslims.
ajtiesto
Like what? But why was Islam4UK banned? They're weren't extremists....

Oh no, of course they are not extremists...not those wonderful angels...

Even the Muslim Council of Britain condemns such scum.

Personally, I think banning them is simply not enough, they ought to be sent to those countries they seem to love so much. Oh how wonderful would it be to see Mr Anjem Choudary go to Qatar to protest against the biggest American base or to see him go to Saudi to protest...oh wait, he wont do that. Can't protest against the scum that fund him.

And speaking of Iraq, where were people like him when Saddam killed millions of innocent people....

Reply 16
Sushidelight
Oh no, of course they are not extremists...not those wonderful angels...

Even the Muslim Council of Britain condemns such scum.

Personally, I think banning them is simply not enough, they ought to be sent to those countries they seem to love so much. Oh how wonderful would it be to see Mr Anjem Choudary go to Qatar to protest against the biggest American base or to see him go to Saudi to protest...oh wait, he wont do that. Can't protest against the scum that fund him.

And speaking of Iraq, where were people like him when Saddam killed millions of innocent people....

That's not extremism, that's just anger and frustration towards the west who have singled out muslim countries and invaded them because of thier leaders. Why don't British and americans invade North Korea or Israel they've equally broken UN regulations and international law and killed innocent people?

Mr Anjem Choudary has every right to protest in this Country, he was born here. Just because he condenms the action of the Soldiers, makes him Extremist? Pathetic!
ajtiesto
That's not extremism, that's just anger and frustration towards the west who have singled out muslim countries and invaded them because of thier leaders. Why don't British and americans invade North Korea or Israel they've equally broken UN regulations and international law and killed innocent people?

Mr Anjem Choudary has every right to protest in this Country, he was born here. Just because he condenms the action of the Soldiers, makes him Extremist? Pathetic!

Extremism is a term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups outside the perceived political center of a society; or otherwise claimed to violate common moral standards.

... seriously if the above is not extremism to you, you have an incredible deluded definition of the word. Just anger and rage? Oh, then I suppose the torture of Abu Ghraib can be defined as "just anger and rage" :s-smilie:

I am from Iraq. I supported the liberation of my people, unfortunately our path to freedom was greatly jeopardized to extremist scum like yourself, with often blew themselves up in a middle of a Mosque ... to "fight the Americans" :rolleyes: You people, are not against the Americans, otherwise surely you'd blow yourself up in Qatar (for the record home of Al Jazeera TV).

Choudary has the right to be sent back to Yemen, they know how to deal with him in such places. And of course you'd support this, since you're against democracy? Haram, yes? Or is it only halal in the case of Choudary....
Reply 18
Sushidelight
Extremism is a term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups outside the perceived political center of a society; or otherwise claimed to violate common moral standards.

... seriously if the above is not extremism to you, you have an incredible deluded definition of the word. Just anger and rage? Oh, then I suppose the torture of Abu Ghraib can be defined as "just anger and rage" :s-smilie:

I am from Iraq. I supported the liberation of my people, unfortunately our path to freedom was greatly jeopardized to extremist scum like yourself, with often blew themselves up in a middle of a Mosque ... to "fight the Americans" :rolleyes: You people, are not against the Americans, otherwise surely you'd blow yourself up in Qatar (for the record home of Al Jazeera TV).

Choudary has the right to be sent back to Yemen, they know how to deal with him in such places. And of course you'd support this, since you're against democracy? Haram, yes? Or is it only halal in the case of Choudary....

So how did you feel when you heard those stories of tortue by American soldiers in Abu Gharaib. There have been countless cases where American and Britih soldiers have purposely killed innocent civilans during the war. These people i believe have been dealt with but what i'd like to know is why you think it's ok to invade a muslim country because of a "dictator" who stood up to America but other hand support Israel's occupation of palestine. Double standards? Can you see how muslims and many non muslms for that across the world were angered by the war in Iraq. There was no WMDs like the American's originally thought. The US were so desperate to avenge 9/11 and that was the main reason, plus oil of course.
Fairies for all!

Latest

Trending

Trending