The Student Room Group

Getting a job at HMV

I've been doing the paper round for about 4 years now, and its come to the point where I come home Thursday evening, and outside my front door is a stack of 360 papers, I see it and just want to die.
I'd really like to apply for a part-time job at HMV, like a saturday job, how do I go about doing this? I can't find out how to apply online or anything...
Thanks.
Use your initiative girl..dress yourself up so you look hot in a short skirt nice top which makes the most of your boobs high heels make up etc..go down to your local HMV and ask to speak to the manager..be a bit flirty with him and ask if he's got any jobs going..he'll be impressed with your determination to get a job and like the look of you so if any jobs are available you'll get one..:yep:
Reply 2
http://www.hmvcareers.co.uk/ Any jobs in your area will be there if any at all.
Reply 3
I thought the thread title was "get a job at HIV" :p:
HMV is hard to get a job they rejected me 3 times :sad:. Unless you have a lot of experience with Games,movies and music then you'll be fine.
Indieboohoo
HMV is hard to get a job they rejected me 3 times :sad:. Unless you have a lot of experience with Games,movies and music then you'll be fine.

You're obviously not showing enough when you try to get a job there love
benjamin2k
You're obviously not showing enough when you try to get a job there love

It was online application, love:p:
Indieboohoo
It was online application, love:p:

In that case skip the online bit and follow my advice to the OP..I bet you'll have more success..:biggrin:
Just go there a lot, not like freakishly a lot where you seem like the regular weird guy that comes in all the time, but enough so that it seems like you're really genuinely into music. Like oh "is this album in yet, I've been waiting for blah blah for months". It helps if you were actually really genuinely into music, eventually start talking to the staff, and then ask them to let you know whenever they are hiring, and then apply when they do. Of course you'd need a winning personality, and be reasonably looking.

Or you could just apply, like you would at any job. Whichever works.
Hoomvé
Claud
I've been doing the paper round for about 4 years now, and its come to the point where I come home Thursday evening, and outside my front door is a stack of 360 papers, I see it and just want to die.
I'd really like to apply for a part-time job at HMV, like a saturday job, how do I go about doing this? I can't find out how to apply online or anything...
Thanks.

They would expect you to love music be geeky about it and brainwash people about the latest music charts and games and that people should love them....with the REQUIRED retail experience!

I was suppose to have an interview with them :o: but don't have the time to be geeky to and brainwashing people. :p:
Claud
Thanks.

You were warned for that post you little sh*t :colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending