The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The aliens have made contact. Otherwise why all the need for secrecy. People also went ape **** when I suggested that probably had a way to travel faster than the speed of light. It is entirely possible.
Reply 81
I'd put money on there being life elsewhere. Maybe even life similar to that on earth.

And what's all this about never being able to get there because of distances? Give or take the geometry of the universe on the galactic scale, and the correctness of my calculation, if you accelerated away from earth at 1000 m/s^2 for about 66.5 days, then turned the thrusters around to decelerate at the same rate, by the time you came to a stop you'd be about 2 million light years away. Only 133 days would have passed for you though about 2 million years would have passed on earth. The fuel required would be insane though.
It's a possibility. Although, I do think it's likely.
Reply 83
joy12
All the stuff about aliens is speculative, I sometimes do believe they exist, however there is no proof (proper) which confirms that they exist.
I think it's an urban legend however I'd like to mention this:

US should show to the world what they have in area 51! Okay, don't tell your military secrets, but atleast share the alien stuff you have there.

We all are the citizens of the world we deserve to know if alien stuff exists or not, cause they have the proof

]Actually Area 51 is a US bomber base. The secruity is there because most of the US secret jets are tested there.

I saw doc about it these people set up a camara and left it there for a day and all they saw where a few jets.
Reply 84
Aj12
]Actually Area 51 is a US bomber base. The secruity is there because most of the US secret jets are tested there.

I saw doc about it these people set up a camara and left it there for a day and all they saw where a few jets.

You think they'd leave it out on the surface for other Nation's satalites to see it? 22 "spy" satalites to be exact, and with that many, I doubt they'd leave all their stuff on the surface to be glanced at.
And seen as the quality of the cameras is immense (can pick out a penny in a field apparently) there is little chance that they wouldn't be seen.

You're right, it is an ex bomber testing facilty, and it currently houses the testing fields (along with another airfield in California) which test aircraft.

However, Aliens down there? Who knows. I'd say its more then likely that there is something of some interest down there.
Even the security in the Californian testing grounds comes no where near to that.
Reply 85
Stephen Hawking did a programme about this and there have been many about how alien's would look. Odds are nothing like us as we only look this way because we are carbon based and our environment has everything to do with how we look.

There could be nitrogen based aliens and these would look completely different to us.

Also although there are possibley trillions of planets many of them would be desolate waste lands, where nothing could survive.
Reply 86
DH-Biker
You think they'd leave it out on the surface for other Nation's satalites to see it? 22 "spy" satalites to be exact, and with that many, I doubt they'd leave all their stuff on the surface to be glanced at.
And seen as the quality of the cameras is immense (can pick out a penny in a field apparently) there is little chance that they wouldn't be seen.

You're right, it is an ex bomber testing facilty, and it currently houses the testing fields (along with another airfield in California) which test aircraft.

However, Aliens down there? Who knows. I'd say its more then likely that there is something of some interest down there.
Even the security in the Californian testing grounds comes no where near to that.

Surely if there had been alien technology we would see an insane jump in our tech? Some random discovery that would see out of place as if you look at our tech it tends to lead on from each perivous discovery.
Reply 87
We have to think of this on a cosmological time scale. Humans will exist for such a small period of time compared to the age of the universe, This means that it is very possible that two races could not exist at the same time.
when you think how big the universe is then you have to think that there can't just be on planet with life on it
Reply 89
The Nono-Tex.
Virtual Keyboards.
Optical Como-system.
Bionic Contacts.
A computer interface known as "6th Sense".
Retinal implants for the blind.
3D TV?
GPS in mobile phones without signal.
The IPad...?

There are loads of modern inventions that could've come from that.

The F/A-22 Raptor's state-of-the-art AI system.
The JASSM Cruise Missles and other Smart Bombs.
Independant Targeting Systems.
The Astutes' multiple relay system which enables it to have simoulatnious targets, recieves and communications.
DH-Biker
Scientists have just found that the night sky in which we see makes up only a tenth of one of the "tendrils" that make up our galaxy. There are 18 of these tendrils spiraling off of our galaxy, which means that there are 179 other tenths in our galaxy alone.
Now, seen as there are predicted to be 330 million planets in our galaxy, and we've found at least another 50 million galaxies, some millions of times larger then our own. So some are likely to have, what, 330 trillion (is that right?) planets in? And this is going barely, what could be compared to an inch on the length of Europe, Asia and America combined, out towards the distance we've found. So basically, if you look at the distance in which we know around our galaxy, and scale that to Asia, America and Europe if they were next to each other, and then took the longest distance from end to end, all the galaxies we know of, are contained within the first inch of that distance.
Yet we know of distance well, well beyond that. (The only way we know that its that distance, is because they saw a Star go Supernova and they calculated (I dont know how the calculation works) the time it took etc etc...)

And people still don't believe that aliens exsist? How can we be, in those teeming trillions of billions of planets, the only life? How could all life just be here and people still say that there is nothing else out there...

Anyway, your thoughts. As that, to me, pretty much ensures me that aliens exsist.

Although it is probable that there is a lot of life in this Universe.
If could be that Humans are the first intelligent life to arise, wouldn't that be a bummer?
Spend all that time looking for other advanced aliens, only to find that we are the most advanced in the universe, there's not much proof that we aren't.
Reply 91
Course aliens exist, there is a tiny probability of them existing, but as you said there are just so many planets that one will have alien life!
Whether we will ever find it.... is another matter.
Reply 92
We are here and alive. Due to the sheer size of the Universe the chances are that somewhere in the vast mass of space there is another planet(s) which do have lifeforms on them.
I once saw this documentary about alien theories, and one theory was that there was a top secret alien settlement in Africa somewhere, but that it had turned into a slum, and the military were keeping them alive and sometimes torturing them to learn the secrets of their alien technology. Apparently a few years ago the humans went round evicting them all, because the slum had become too dangerous, and they found that some of the aliens were trying to re-activate the ship in which they had arrived, and fly away again. It sounds ridiculous, but it was quite convincing. :yep:
Reply 94
M1F2R3
We are here and alive. Due to the sheer size of the Universe the chances are that somewhere in the vast mass of space there is another planet(s) which do have lifeforms on them.

Now, you do raise a good point, the only problem is (and it is a problem as if it were a higher chance, we'd have found life by now) that life only happens in a 1 in 1 trillion chance.
We only happened (if you're athiest like me and believe such things) in that chance. Not just Man, but all life.

If that's the same throught space then its going to be hard to find life. However, as, like we both said there are just an uncountable number of planets, those chances become greater.

So, who knows? I, personally, stead-fast believe in it.
Reply 95
infernalcradle
and what if said alien race wish to destroy/enslave us?

Lets Enslave them :biggrin: Equality without loosing our cheaply made trainers. its a win win.
Chocothunder
I once saw this documentary about alien theories, and one theory was that there was a top secret alien settlement in Africa somewhere, but that it had turned into a slum, and the military were keeping them alive and sometimes torturing them to learn the secrets of their alien technology. Apparently a few years ago the humans went round evicting them all, because the slum had become too dangerous, and they found that some of the aliens were trying to re-activate the ship in which they had arrived, and fly away again. It sounds ridiculous, but it was quite convincing. :yep:

District 9 <3
for sure
Reply 99
Ze question is not, 'Do aliens exist'? Ze question is, ' Is zer intelligent life out zer'?

Latest

Trending

Trending