Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The European/World Football Thread II

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    James Rodriguez of Porto has lost his place to Varela, in the last few matches.

Ra-ra-ra i need consoling

What did James do wrong, or maybe what did Varela do good
    You need consoling? I found out the guy is married to a Leixoes volleyball player..ah! What the hell is he doing getting married at 19?! Stupid guy!

What did Varela do good? Hahaha, are you kidding! The guy hasn't done anything good all season! I think VP is just trying new stuff seeing as we've been rubbish lately and doesn't seem to be helping us. Some of the decisions this guy has made are crazy and it's making Porto fans want him to leave. Personally i don't want him to go, there was no way we could beat how we were last season and it's not as if we're not at the top of the table in the league either, we're playing ugly in the league but managing to win, it's just in the CL we're not. For some of these players playing in the CL is all new for them and our ******* is the lack of proper strikers we have.

Even when Hulk scored the pen i knew we wouldn't hold on. You can always count on a Benfica player to come back and haunt us..what a dick Manduca is! APOEL deserved it though and they deserve to go through into the next stage, the rest of us have been rubbish. I'll actually be surprised to see us go through. It'll kinda be sod's law that it'll go to the last game of the group stage and Bruno Alves scores the winner against us...hmm! I'd love to have him back in our defence, my hair will start to turn grey if i'm to watch Rolando for much longer. :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell. Ridiculous that the stewards just left him to run on after they saw he was moving quickly. :rofl2: At the player just booting the **** in the face though :rofl2:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    That player is now deaf in one ear. Jonathan Wilson did a piece for the Guardian on that incident.....
    • 23 followers

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    Antonio Di Natale's wife recalls how they got together: "I asked if he was sure he wanted me and not my twin Genny. He said 'either's fine'"

Taken from twitter. :toofunny:
    He was too afraid to ask for both of them. He could have had both ffs :sogood:

The second kick in that video :mmm:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:

The soldier strikes again. Apparently Jonas's goal was less than half a second outside the fastest ever in the CL.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    You need consoling? I found out the guy is married to a Leixoes volleyball player..ah! What the hell is he doing getting married at 19?! Stupid guy!

What did Varela do good? Hahaha, are you kidding! The guy hasn't done anything good all season! I think VP is just trying new stuff seeing as we've been rubbish lately and doesn't seem to be helping us. Some of the decisions this guy has made are crazy and it's making Porto fans want him to leave. Personally i don't want him to go, there was no way we could beat how we were last season and it's not as if we're not at the top of the table in the league either, we're playing ugly in the league but managing to win, it's just in the CL we're not. For some of these players playing in the CL is all new for them and our ******* is the lack of proper strikers we have.

Even when Hulk scored the pen i knew we wouldn't hold on. You can always count on a Benfica player to come back and haunt us..what a dick Manduca is! APOEL deserved it though and they deserve to go through into the next stage, the rest of us have been rubbish. I'll actually be surprised to see us go through. It'll kinda be sod's law that it'll go to the last game of the group stage and Bruno Alves scores the winner against us...hmm! I'd love to have him back in our defence, my hair will start to turn grey if i'm to watch Rolando for much longer. :rolleyes:
    I thought James has been by faaar one of your best players this season..

Porto have been rubbish. Unfortunately, they've only been rubbish in Europe and not domestically >_<

In any case, Vitor Pereira must stay >_>

And also, LOL @ Manduca raping Porto..

Hopefully Benfica can get some prestige back for Portugal tonight and qualify from the groups :cool::cool:

EDIT: Awwwwwwwwwwww
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...-heart-surgery
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gomez > RVP. I do wonder if there was the same ****storm in Germany about him not making the Messi award list. I highly doubt it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel disappointed that one of the players in the vid tried to kick him in the head and missed?

If that kick connected with the guys head....
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gomez > RVP. I do wonder if there was the same ****storm in Germany about him not making the Messi award list. I highly doubt it.
    He's nearly keeping up with Messi ffs. :adore: 19 this season. 3 Behind him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo has scored 100 goals for Real Madrid now.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    Firstly, wtf has happened to Shakhtar in the CL? I expected them to be strong at home and progress alongside Porto with Zenit narrowly missing out. Due to the results of others they're not out of it yet but I really struggle to see them going through, tbh. Staying in Europe, how d'ya rate the chances of Kiev/Metalist in the Europa? I get the feeling both of them + Shakhtar (if they end up 3rd) could push quite far this year. Finally, just wondered who you reckon is most likely to be off to bigger sides around the continent in the near future? So much promising young talent, can't see it all staying put even in the money coming into the league is improving.
    I notice you haven't asked about Vorskla Poltava

Dynamo have started fairly well, although not fantasticly, in both the Europa League (with a couple of late goals) as well as in the Premier League. With the Europa League being a tournament where many teams can beat others, I see no reason why Dynamo can't repeat their successes of 2009 or 2011 and reach the semi or quarter finals. Dynamo definitely take this tournament seriously, unlike a number of other teams in the competition and the long journey to quite an intimidating stadium could help them against many of the Western European sides who tend to reach the latter stages. Unlike both Shakhtar and Metalist, their team is mostly based around good Ukrainian players rather than foreign imports. Despite Shakhtar's success, Dynamo's youth academy bears far more of Ukraine national players than Shakhtar's and is held in higher esteem by most young players and youth coaches.

Metalist have been draw in a fairly easy group so you can't read too much into their position in the group at the moment but I believe they will go through second behind AZ. Metalist, like many Ukrainian teams, base their side around hard-working hard-tackling Ukrainian players at the back and more skillful South American imports upfront. Whilst it is possible they may cause an upset and perhaps reach the quarter finals if they're lucky. In the past five years they've lost to been knocked out in the knock-out stages twice; to Dynamo Kiev and to Leverkusen and I anticipate them losing in the round of sixteen or quarters.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Surely Willian and Douglas Costa are off somewhere soon? Theirs are the names I keep hearing during transfer windows. :holmes:

Anyone else likely to be leaving for a bigger club?
    Ukraine is not an obvious place anymore for Western European clubs to look to sign players, with many of the clubs quite so wealthy. Most good players outside of the Big Two move to either Kiev or Donetsk before going abroad. I agree that Willian and Douglas Costa are two of the most likely (although Douglas Costa still need a bit more time to improve as a player, he has the same "one stepover too many" ******* that players like Cristiano Ronaldo have suffered with early in their careers). I don't think Luiz Adriano would be quite good enough for the big Western European clubs and I think all of the rumours of Darijo Srna moving to Chelsea or Manchester United have stopped for now. Fernandinho and Jádson are both Brazilian internationals and there is the possiblity than sides could look to sign them, although it would be at considerable cost for two very good players.

Dynamo's top players tend to be older but Andriy Yarmolenko is a very good young prospect who plays either up front or slightly wider (although I think English clubs will be slightly uneasy about spending big money on Ukrainian strikers called Andriy whose names end in -enko for a while now).

And in response to your questions about the Champions League, our group is much harder than it look at first. We could have won both our home games which we only managed to draw had things gone our way (although we could have lost them too (Danny for Zenit tore us apart)). Both our away games were only narrow losses. I expected Porto and Zenit to beat us but am suprised at how well APOEL have done and thought we could have had a decent Europa League run had we come third, although that seems unlikely now. The Champions League seeding will always go against us and give us difficult groups for as long as it takes us to go far in the competition.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gomez &gt; RVP. I do wonder if there was the same ****storm in Germany about him not making the Messi award list. I highly doubt it.
    Yeah, agreed. Whenever most people think of him, they only remember his miss at World Cup 06, I think. He's been a massively consistent forward.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Yeah, agreed. Whenever most people think of him, they only remember his miss at World Cup 06, I think. He's been a massively consistent forward.
    He's an incredible poacher, like a bloodhound. I remember him being really poor around 06/08 World Cup/Euros and wondering how on earth he'd ended up at Bayern for 25mil. But after an average first season he's definitely firing on all cylinders. He scored 5 hat-tricks last season or so I think.

(Original post by Sandra1993)
    Ronaldo has scored 100 goals for Real Madrid now.
    In 105 games. That's not too bad.
    • 34 followers

(Original post by H.H.P.C.)
    Dynamo's top players tend to be older but Andriy Yarmolenko is a very good young prospect who plays either up front or slightly wider (although I think English clubs will be slightly uneasy about spending big money on Ukrainian strikers called Andriy whose names end in -enko for a while now).
    :rofl:

Great post; thanks! :top:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You serious bruv?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    You serious bruv?
    :yes:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    You serious bruv?
    (Original post by Catilina)
    :yes:
    This.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    I thought James has been by faaar one of your best players this season..

Porto have been rubbish. Unfortunately, they've only been rubbish in Europe and not domestically >_<

In any case, Vitor Pereira must stay >_>

And also, LOL @ Manduca raping Porto..

Hopefully Benfica can get some prestige back for Portugal tonight and qualify from the groups :cool::cool:

EDIT: Awwwwwwwwwwww
    Yeah, he has been, but since his stupid red card he's only started once (I think), i'm guessing Vitor is giving the others a go but i think keeping him out of Tuesdays game was a mistake. Also, i don't enjoy watching Rolando and Mangala together at the back..

And we have been rubbish in the league, but managing to score goals. Both games against Nacional and Pacos we could have easily conceded first and throughout, how we've managed to keep 3 clean sheets in a row in the league is beyond me!

And ah, so close for you guys yesterday! I didn't watch it, i decided to watch Napoli instead, but Rodrigo scores you another goal i see! His first goal for you at the weekend was a decent run and finish by him. Interesting next league game for you, Braga, yet to lose points at home, hopefully they'll put a stop to you!
Updated: April 10, 2013
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.