Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The European/World Football Thread II

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Makes you wonder what happens for Spain come next summer. Torres a shadow of his former self and Villa will be trying to recover from a serious injury.

Who else do they have? Llorente?
    • 36 followers

(Original post by S-man10)
    like? :holmes:
    Leandro Damaio, perhaps? Or Llorente? (I'm not sure about the latter's availability...)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Makes you wonder what happens for Spain come next summer. Torres a shadow of his former self and Villa will be trying to recover from a serious injury.

Who else do they have? Llorente?
    Well Llorente is decent and Pedro of Barca can step up and Torres will hopefully come good soon.

Their midfield can bag a lot of goals too with Mata, Silva, Iniesta...etc.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    This year its the worst for the english teams so far in the chl and in the europa league.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Well Llorente is decent and Pedro of Barca can step up and Torres will hopefully come good soon.

Their midfield can bag a lot of goals too with Mata, Silva, Iniesta...etc.
    Llorente doesn't seem to quite fit the Spain style of play and seems to be more of a Plan B?

I thought Pedro played as a winger for Barca and Spain?

Perhaps Fabregas in a false number 9 position?

....Silva....Fabregas.....Pedro
    ...........Iniesta..Xavi........
    ...............Alonso........... ...

• 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greekguy)
    This year its the worst for the english teams so far in the chl and in the europa league.
    Ok then. State the obvious. Not in a crisis, we usually have 4 teams go through to the round of sixteen.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Llorente doesn't seem to quite fit the Spain style of play and seems to be more of a Plan B?

Negredo, soldado, mata can play in false 9 probably.
    Not in any crisis. At least torres has a good chance of making the squad now.
    Hopefully he comes good, we need him in january.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

I don't think Fabregas is cut out to be a number 9. Especially at international level.

Maybe they'll take Soldado to the euro's?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    How's negredo doing?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    How's negredo doing?
    Negredo, isn't doing too badly, 4 goals this season so far and if I remember correctly ,his last outing for Spain against Lichtenstein he scored 2. Definitely got a shot at making the Euro's. However, Soldado is definitely the man in form, 9 goals in as little as 15 games.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    On current form, Soldado is the man to go for.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Timescale for his return is 4-5 months, so that's ideal for Spain, tbh.

Barca have a little more to be worried about. ....
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Negredo, isn't doing too badly, 4 goals this season so far and if I remember correctly ,his last outing for Spain against Lichtenstein he scored 2. Definitely got a shot at making the Euro's. However, Soldado is definitely the man in form, 9 goals in as little as 15 games.
    This is what makes me facepalm madrid, they let players leave for nothing and never play them, then they become top class players.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This is what makes me facepalm madrid, they let players leave for nothing and never play them, then they become top class players.
    Yeah, agreed. But in all fairness to Madrid, I'm not sure Soldado would get much game time there, he'd maybe get the odd game, run in the cup competitions that'd be it I think. Which would be such a waste of talent. Likewise Negredo.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Timescale for his return is 4-5 months, so that's ideal for Spain, tbh.

Barca have a little more to be worried about. ....
    He'll probably get taken to the Euros but with Torres' prolonged poor form, do you really want to be relying on a striker who won't be match fit/sharp as he usually is going in a major tournament?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Yeah, agreed. But in all fairness to Madrid, I'm not sure Soldado would get much game time there, he'd maybe get the odd game, run in the cup competitions that'd be it I think. Which would be such a waste of talent. Likewise Negredo.
    True, though last year higuain and benzema got injured, would have been useful.
    There's also mata. The worst has got to be samuel eto'o.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    True, though last year higuain and benzema got injured, would have been useful.
    There's also mata.
    You think he'd get in the team ahead of Ozil or Di maria?

I'm not sure, he'd definitely play his fair share and if he showed his true class would probably be picked ahead of Di maria. Not sure about Ozil though.

Just seen your edit. Yep to this day they must be kicking themselves over that.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    He'll probably get taken to the Euros but with Torres' prolonged poor form, do you really want to be relying on a striker who won't be match fit/sharp as he usually is going in a major tournament?
    Spain's first match is 6 months from now - its not like he's new to the team, so its not that big a risk. He doesn't have to start the first match or two, but he's a great option to have coming off the bench.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    You think he'd get in the team ahead of Ozil or Di maria?

I'm not sure, he'd definitely play his fair share and if he showed his true class would probably be picked ahead of Di maria. Not sure about Ozil though.
    True, I think mourinho would have rotated all of them like he does with kaka/ozil and benzema/higuain, the speed at which he picks a pass is immense, his link up play with meireles is similar to that of barcas.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    True, I think mourinho would have rotated all of them like he does with kaka/ozil and benzema/higuain, the speed at which he picks a pass is immense, his link up play with meireles is similar to that of barcas.
    Shame he's Spanish, doesn't get the international recognition he deserves. Likewise Silva to an extent.
Updated: April 10, 2013
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.