Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The European/World Football Thread II

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spain 4-0 with a half hour to go.
    Soldado bagging a brace.
    26 goals last season
    18 this season

time for Valencia to let go of their best player again?

The possibilities had Valencia's management not been so ****.

Silva behind a front 3 of Mata Villa and Soldado ... jizz in my pants
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Soldado bagging a brace.
    26 goals last season
    18 this season

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    Soldado bagging a brace.
    26 goals last season
    18 this season

Nah, they're on safer ground now, and Nou Mestalla is being finished.

And Soldado finished with a hat-trick. Torres is weeping in West London right now.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Italy lost 0-1 at home to the USA today lol.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Messi scored a hatrick for Argentina with a great second goal. What have haters got to say to that?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Messi scored a hatrick for Argentina with a great second goal. What have haters got to say to that?
    Didnt realize he had that many haters haha? But that guy is out of this world :l
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Didnt realize he had that many haters haha? But that guy is out of this world :l
    Yeah but everyone criticizes Messi for performing poorly for Argentina just because he doesn't score as many as he does for Barca. Even though he usually plays a different role for Argentina...
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Yeah but everyone criticizes Messi for performing poorly for Argentina just because he doesn't score as many as he does for Barca. Even though he usually plays a different role for Argentina...
    Thats true, people do go over the top saying he doesnt perform when quite literally he does everything for Argentina and even in the world cup all the good moves and things when through him.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some results from internationals played yesterday:

Germany 1 - 2 France.
    Ireland 1 - 1 Czech Rep.
    Denmark 0 - 2 Russia.

In the last Arshavin had a great game, apparently. Scoring one and involved in the other.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...rto-v-benfica/

What.A.Goal.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wow. You can just feel the power behind that shot. No wonder he's called Hulk.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Nélson Oliveira of Portugal.

What's the lowdown on him guys?
    Quite possibly the answer to Portugals prayers for the striker position. He played in the U20 World Cup for Portugal and we went all the way to the final and narrowly lost out to Brazil in extra time, Nelson won the prize for the second best player at the tournament (some Brazilian got first).

He is powerful, fast, tall, good with his feet and head and can dribble pretty well as well.

Portugals main tactic in the U20 WC was to defend, defend, defend, and then lump the ball up to Nelson Oliveira, and then all rush forward. He did that absolutely brilliantly, and even scored a brilliant solo goal when he picked up the ball near the half way line.

He is currently at Benfica and is slowly starting to get minutes. He has been overshadowed by Rodrigo (Another future striker you should look out for.. he's spanish, del bosque has already acknowledged him) though, so he hasnt had many chances.

On Wednesday he was called up to the senior squad for Portugal and did make a 10 minute debut.

Got high hopes for this guy..

(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that was expected. I was thinking to myself "I hope we don't score early in the second half, because we're useless at defending a lead against Porto".

When we DID score, I had my fingers crossed hoping that James wouldn't come on >_< That guy is a BEAST. How did Djalma even start today o_O?

Emerson got himself sent off like the crappy player he is and that basically just handed you the whole tie... God I miss Coentrao so much... and then it didn't help that we also had Aimar and even Garay (much more important player) go out because of injury.

I have no idea why JJ didn't bring on Matic after the red card. It was so obvious... move Javi to centre-back, and Vitor to leftback. Take off Cardozo, Matic and Witsel in midfield and defend for you lives. And rely on Nolito/Gaitan/Rodrigo for a counterattack. Simple.

*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Your winning goal was offside as well, ffs... I mean, I can appreciate that Porto were looking like they were about to score, but at least allow us to lose to a clean goal where the fault would have been definitely ours. Here we haven't even done anything wrong and we've conceeded...

What a rubbish past month this has been.... come Tuesday, and it'll be "bye bye Champions League"... all we have left now is the "Taca da Cerveja".

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    On Wednesday he was called up to the senior squad for Portugal and did make a 10 minute debut.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that was expected. I was thinking to myself "I hope we don't score early in the second half, because we're useless at defending a lead against Porto".

When we DID score, I had my fingers crossed hoping that James wouldn't come on >_< That guy is a BEAST. How did Djalma even start today o_O?

Emerson got himself sent off like the crappy player he is and that basically just handed you the whole tie... God I miss Coentrao so much... and then it didn't help that we also had Aimar and even Garay (much more important player) go out because of injury.

I have no idea why JJ didn't bring on Matic after the red card. It was so obvious... move Javi to centre-back, and Vitor to leftback. Take off Cardozo, Matic and Witsel in midfield and defend for you lives. And rely on Nolito/Gaitan/Rodrigo for a counterattack. Simple.

*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Your winning goal was offside as well, ffs... I mean, I can appreciate that Porto were looking like they were about to score, but at least allow us to lose to a clean goal where the fault would have been definitely ours. Here we haven't even done anything wrong and we've conceeded...

What a rubbish past month this has been.... come Tuesday, and it'll be "bye bye Champions League"... all we have left now is the "Taca da Cerveja".

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:
    Seeing as you’ve mentioned Nelson I’m going to say how disappointed I was he only got 10 minutes on Tuesday. That was a chance for Bento to get a bit of an idea and give the guy a few more minutes! There was nothing to lose from it. I still think Benfica should have sent him out on loan this season, I wonder what he would have been like if he had been playing a full 90 minutes week in week out.

As for tonight’s match, I don’t think that was fair. Not only was the ref **** our goal was completely offside and quite an obvious offside too! I actually feel a bit sorry for you guys, although I’m obviously not letting onto that in this silly Benfiquista house, I’ll be ignored all weekend by the family now.

Obviously I’m happy with the win but it was quite harsh. We started off well though which was exactly what we needed. Hulks goal was a bit of a rocket! It was understandable why James was on the bench as he only got back from the Internationals earlier today. We’re quite lucky that he can make such a big impact when coming off the bench too as for him not to start was a loss, we knew Djalma would do bugger all and Kleber would make no impact whatsoever coming on off the bench. It’s crazy how James is our top goal scorer and doesn’t often play a full match. This guy is quite something with how much of an impact he makes on this team. Also, Lucho... it’s like the guy never even left! :love:

Benfica were top, sitting 5 points clear whilst Porto were messing up left, right and centre, 3 games later we’re now 3 points clear at the top... such a crazy season! I didn’t expect this at all, we’ve been useless this season! And ha, hey... you’ve got to beat us first if you want that fantastic taca. Also, at least you kept the lights on this time too...

Hopefully we don't mess this up now!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    Braga... level on points! 10 games, 10 wins... crazy for Braga! As for Sporting, hahaha great win for Setubal even if the ball didn't go over the line. All camera angles were awful though so no idea if i went over or not but still, shocking defending!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leverkusen beat Bayern 2-0 today, enabling Dortmund to move seven points clear of their Bavarian rivals at the top.

Gladbach are eight behind with a game in hand, though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Leverkusen beat Bayern 2-0 today, enabling Dortmund to move seven points clear of their Bavarian rivals at the top.

Gladbach are eight behind with a game in hand, though.

If Dortmund win the league this season it will be a bigger accomplishment because Bayern have strengthened considerably whilst Dortmund lost Sahin.

I really do hope they win it. They definitely deserve it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    If Dortmund win the league this season it will be a bigger accomplishment because Bayern have strengthened considerably whilst Dortmund lost Sahin.

Who now probably regrets moving to Real...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)

The biggest difference are the managers not the players, Bayern have been struggling everytime their players aren´t in form, while Dortmund are so incredibly consistent that they´ve been able to compensate every injury, they had this season. Klopp is simply a better manager than Heynckes.

Bayern on the other hand have managed to turn a 3 point lead into a 7 point deficit since christmas. The best thing they could do now is fire Heynckes, Jonker did a much better job at the end of last season.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Who now probably regrets moving to Real...
    Haha, bit of an understatement. He was always going to get lost in the shuffle with Alonso around though.

It happens a lot for players that go to Madrid. Thankfully they're not ruining Ozil though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Haha, bit of an understatement. He was always going to get lost in the shuffle with Alonso around though.

It happens a lot for players that go to Madrid. Thankfully they're not ruining Ozil though.
    Sahin didnt establish himself the way Ozil did...
    I think Sahin shoulda stayed :P Or if his dream was to go to Real, at least stay in Gerrmany a couple of years, become an established player both in Germany and for Turkey then he would have had a better chance..
Updated: April 10, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.